We are seeking a Technical Trainer to join our team! The Technical Trainer is responsible for conducting internal and/or external training courses for customers, BLM personnel and provides direct support to the training program at the Novi, Michigan location.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Conducts training courses for both customers and BLM personnel on the operation and maintenance of laser tube systems; the use of the entire BLM Elements Software suite for programming laser tube parts and managing laser tube production; as well as other important topic areas as required.
- Assists in the development and improvement of training programs, including outlines, guides, procedures and other resources.
- Supports testing of new machine and software features, options, settings, technology and versions for incorporation into training and field service operations.
- Helps develop documentation for distribution to customer and BLM personnel to improve their understanding and proper use of BLM products.
- The ability to occasionally travel, both domestically & internationally.
- Must be able to work the required overtime necessary to complete projects as operationally necessary.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Associates Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
At least one year of experience in delivering technical training and preparing course outlines.
CAD/CAM Programming experience preferred.
Some experience as a Laser Operator, Lead Laser Set-Up Technician, Laser Service or Maintenance Technician, or Laser part Programmer, preferred.
BLM GROUP USA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, military status, or any other legally protected status.