Technical Trainer/Applications Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under minimal supervision of the Training Development and Laser Applications Support Manager, the Technical Trainer and Applications Specialist, conducts internal and/or external training courses for both customers, or BLM Group personnel, and provides direct support to the Laser Applications Support team.
The duties listed below are the specific duties and tasks that someone in this position must accomplish. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the level and/or class of this position.
- Conducts training courses for both customers and BLM personnel on the operation and maintenance of laser systems; the use of the entire BLM Elements Software suite for programming parts and managing production; as well as other important topic areas as required.
- Assists in the development and improvement of training programs, including outlines, guides, procedures, and other resources.
- Supports testing of new machine and software features, options, settings, technology, and versions for incorporation into training and field service operations.
- Helps develop documentation for distribution to customer and BLM personnel to improve their understanding and proper use of BLM products.
- The ability to travel, both domestically & internationally.
- Supports customers by providing technical counsel and solutions to specific technical issues/Service Tickets.
- Understands technical issues to the point of being able to make recommendations and/or refer the matter to a subject expert.
- Maintains a positive rapport and business relationship with customers by providing outstanding customer service.
- Other activities as assigned, in support of operational requirements deemed necessary by Laser Applications Supervisor and Training Development and Applications Support Manager.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma required. Associate degree in a technical discipline and/or equivalent technical military training preferred.
- At least two (2) years of Computer Aided Design experience (Solid Works, Catia, Inventor or similar programs).
- At least three (3) years of manufacturing experience in the areas of machine setup, maintenance, and parts programming.
- Proficient with CAD/CAM programming
- Ability to diagnosis and resolve technical issues quickly and efficiently
- Mechanical aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Must have exceptional time management skills
- Able to effectively work with all levels of team members and all types of customer personalities
- Proficient in Windows OS and Microsoft Office/Suite
- Ability to travel up to 40%, as required by management
Valid Driver’s License with no more than two (2) points on a driving record within a three (3) year period.
Equipment, Machinery, Tools, and Vehicles Used
- General office equipment, including, computers, printers, fax machines and telephones
- Full suite of BLM products
- Maintenance hand tools
- Safe handling uses of hydraulic fluid, oils, and anti-freeze solutions
- Laser optical components, cleaning solutions and related tools
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must be able to accomplish to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to manipulate, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stand; talk and hear; walk; sit, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and lift or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral visions, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this position, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents, analyze and solve problems, use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; work under deadlines and constant interruptions; and interact with staff and other organizations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The incumbent works in a mixed environment in manufacturing facilities where the noise level is moderate to loud. Additionally, work will be performed in an office environment.
The position requires up to 40% travel, but domestically and internationally as required. This is not a remote position.
This position reports to the Training Development and Laser Applications Support Manager.
BLM GROUP USA Corp. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation you may contact us at (248) 560-0080.
BLM GROUP USA CORPORATION
TechnologyView all jobs at BLM GROUP USA CORPORATION