Laser Application Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
BE PART OF A MANUFACTURER LIKE NO OTHER.
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference. Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next fabrication breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to BLM GROUP USA for our expertise, deep network and nearly sixty years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with diverse teams of passionate, enterprising BLMers, dedicated to an inclusive approach to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join us at BLM GROUP USA and be part of bringing our clients' world-changing ideas to life. At BLM, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities BLM GROUP serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization.
Job Title: Laser Application Specialist
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Serves as an advisor on technical expertise to his/her Laser Application within the department. Conducts demonstrations and applications tests and studies on behalf of customers in laser or applications. Provides advanced technical support to Regional Managers and Product Manager. Makes decisions that influence the flow of work through other departments.
This position is not a remote position. You will be based, in-office, out of our Novi, Michigan office and traveling to customers as necessary.
The duties listed below are the specific duties and tasks that someone in this position must accomplish. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the level and/or class of this position.
- Provides technical expertise to other Applications Engineers and Product Managers working within the department
- Provides technical expertise to other departments within the company to aid with project specifications and completion
- Analyzes customer drawings to determine the feasibility of an application utilizing BLM’s product offerings
- Understands technical issues to the point of being able to aid others within the Applications department with recommendations and/or referring the matter to a subject expert
- Evaluates and conducts time studies to determine the most effective machine solution for the customer in a timely fashion
- Development of Sales Tools for new features or machines
- Performs a thorough application analysis; recommends a best fit laser solution for the customer
- Conducts customer run-off acceptance tests at the Novi, MI location
- Maintains Par Levels of Demonstration materials and orders additional material when necessary
- Supports the Product Manager by providing advanced technical counsel and solutions to the customer’s specific technical issue
- Conducts laser demonstrations for customers at the Novi, MI location
- Maintains a positive rapport and business relationship with customers by providing outstanding customer service
- Travel to Italy 1-2 times per year to have continual training in software and hardware of BLM GROUP products
- Travel no more than 30%
- Commitment to this position for a timeframe of 3 – 5 years
- Overtime that is necessary to complete workload as defined by customer
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Associates Degree in a Technical field. Prior experience or equivalent military training may be substituted for a degree.
- At least eight years of laser experience across multiple applications including laser setup, laser service, laser maintenance experience, or CNC laser part programming.
Valid Michigan Driver’s License with no more than two (2) points on a driving record within a three (3) year period
Knowledge, Skills, and other Abilities
- Thorough understanding of CAD/CAM software and how they apply to specific machine and part applications
- Understanding of reading part drawings
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of statistical evaluations
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of robotic cell integration
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Able to effectively use the Internet
- Highly organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to help advise others within the department with respect to technical matters
- Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Able to effectively work with all levels of team members and all types of customer personalities
- Fluent in Italian preferred, but not necessary
Equipment, Machinery, Tools, and Vehicles Used
General office equipment, including, computers, printers, fax machines and telephones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must be able to accomplish to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to manipulate (type), stand; talk and hear; walk; sit, and lift or move no more than twenty-five (25) pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral visions, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this position, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret technical data, information, and documents. Analyze and solve problems, use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; work under imposed manufacturing deadlines; interact with staff and other organizations; and frequently deal with dissatisfied or quarrelsome individuals.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The incumbent works primarily in a manufacturing facility where the noise level may be moderate to loud. May occasionally work in an office environment.
The position requires approximately 30% travel. Travel may be local or out of State as required.
This position is not a remote position.
This position reports directly to the Laser Project Manager/Indirectly to the Lead Laser Applications Engineer.
BLM GROUP USA CORPORATION
TechnologyView all jobs at BLM GROUP USA CORPORATION