- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
BLH Technologies, Inc., which provides award-winning public health, communications, technology, and safety monitoring solutions for Federal and commercial clients, seeks a BI/Data Analyst with experience using Tableau Business Intelligence tools, SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services), and Excel to design and guide the development of innovative and interactive reports, dashboards, and visualizations. This position will help analyze data from multiple sources, create visualizations, and develop reports for the National Science Foundation
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Contribute to the extraction, transformation, and loading of data from multiple sources.
· Knowledge of best practices and tools in data analytics, data visualizations, and business intelligence.
· Participate in strategic and tactical planning discussions, interface with management, and gather requirements to deliver complete data analysis and visualization reporting solutions.
· Develop integrated data sources, spreadsheets, reports, dashboards, and presentations using SQL, OLAP cubes
· Ability to convert business requirements into meaningful and explanatory visualization.
· Communicate complex topics to the team through both written and oral communications.
· Create mock-up layout design and wireframes using visualization features available in Tableau and other internally provided tools.
· Create standard operating procedures (SOPs for development of dashboards and reports).
· Administration and maintenance of Tableau desktop and server architecture across the different environments.
· Collaborate closely with and ensure alignment with the BI team and partners, including IT and Enterprise Data Management.
· Tableau Desktop - Ability to Create/Modify Data sources and publish them to Tableau server, experience with Data source filters, Calculated fields, and Row level security etc.
· Tableau Server - Ability to create dashboards , Server administration ( adding Users, groups, assigning users to groups), License management, Server maintenance/ patches/upgrades, and Trusted authentication
Desired Qualifications and Skills
· A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Management, or other technically related discipline with at least 8 years of increasingly responsible and relevant experience.
· Expert in Tableau, Excel, SSAS, Reporting Services (Microsoft SQL Reporting Services, Microsoft Analysis Server/OLAP cubes and databases
· Automate monitoring and server job processes.
· Expert in SQL, SSAS, SAS
· Ability to design data visualizations (dashboard/KPI's etc.) with Tableau.
· Ability to analyze the data set/business requirements and provide recommendations for best data visualizations in Tableau.
· Preferred experience across multiple data visualization tools and coding (e.g., SSAS, SQL, VBA).
· Experience in Microsoft Reporting Services, Microsoft Analysis Services (AKA Cube), and Microsoft OLAP technologies.
· Experience connecting to various datasets (Relational Databases, and Excel).
· Good team player, able to manage multiple assignments, and adapt to changing client needs.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to business leaders.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain an Agency Clearance and successfully pass a thorough Government background screening process requiring the completion of detailed forms and fingerprinting.
· U.S. Citizenship
BLH TechnologiesWhy Work Here?
BLH Technologies is the hub of a diverse collection of technological talent. Our employees are the best in the business.
BLH Technologies, Inc., an award-winning company specializing in communications, information technology, and safety monitoring solutions for Federal and commercial clients.
1803 Research Blvd.Rockville, MD
TechnologyView all jobs at BLH Technologies