Director of Sales
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
BLANKSLATE Partners is excited to partner with their client, an emerging medical device company, as they add to their growing team!
We are looking for a motivating sales leader, who will be responsible for overseeing and driving medical device sales. This is a unique opportunity to get into an innovative MedTech company at the ground level and make the national sales department your own.
You are our ideal candidate if you have demonstrated success selling medical devices into US hospitals, clinics and private practices with a track record of proven results. You love the hustle and flexibility of a fast-paced startup environment and know how to inspire and mentor a winning sales team. Youre also process driven - you are excited by the opportunity to create processes, plans and lead initiatives. You are decisive and focused: you understand what needs to be done and move quickly to that end. You are a hands-on executor who can multitask and prioritize to achieve timelines and outcomes.
About the Role
This role will ensure the achievement of sales targets through maximizing the sales teams development, motivation, execution, and effectiveness and implementing and successfully executing on quarterly and annual sales plans. This role reports directly to the CEO and will have multiple direct reports including a team of independent sales reps.
- Planning, implementation and execution of the Companys sales plan and ensuring the achievement of quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Managing and monitoring the effective execution of all sales activities and driving success by ensuring the motivation and engagement from the entire sales team by creating optimal compensation plans and other related initiatives.
- Hiring, training and developing outstanding, motivated, well-trained sales professionals who are confident in providing product demos, selling our device and are able to successfully achieve the Companys sales targets.
- Leading product demonstrations, presentations, customer and clinical meetings and ensuring there is a solid training plan in place to enable sales reps to also confidently provide product demonstrations to prospective customers.
- Managing the sales execution of the Contract and Account Planning Process, including the negotiation of contracts and ensuring clear communication between the customer and the Companys finance team.
- Leading the attendance at national and regional tradeshows, industry events, meetings and other related events to increase awareness and to drive product adoption.
- Ensuring the sales team are effectively tracking all leads, opportunities, and customer activities on the Companys CRM system (HubSpot).
- Collaborating with the marketing department to develop a strong network of KOLs (Key Opinion Leaders) to partner with and assisting in the creation of marketing content and other initiatives to drive sales.
- Managing all sales related expenses within an approved monthly and annual budget.
- Tracking and presenting sales rep and overall sales performance via reporting and analytics.
- Providing sales forecasts to the CEO, CFO and the Manufacturing teams on a regular basis.
- Performing market research and competitor analysis to keep up with current trends and news.
- Minimum 5 7 years experience selling medical devices. Preference for experience selling novel medical products.
- Previous sales leadership (management) responsibility and experience coaching and developing independent sales reps, territory managers and other sales professionals.
- Deep understanding of the U.S. medical system, particularly private practice and specialists. A strong existing physician network in the US is an asset.
- Proven sales track record both individually and as a team and evidence of delivering high levels of performance, quality, and customer experience.
- Ability to sell and demo directly to physicians, specialists, medical assistants and clinical leaders / KOLs.
- Technically proficient, with the ability to operate, demo and train on medical equipment.
- Effective verbal and written communicator with excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, presentation, and relationship building abilities.
- Experience managing a budget and forecasting.
- Confident, transparent, and comfortable sharing perspectives and guidance.
- Customer focused, with a tireless drive to understand the customer and the competition.
- Ability to travel extensively, with up to 60% travel required for this role. Must be able to meet COVID-19 protocols of health care facilities and be able to meet customers onsite.
- Competitive base salary and commission structure
- Employee ownership
- Monthly health benefits stipend
AddressSan Francisco, CA
BusinessView all jobs at BLANKSLATE Partners