Engineer - Process Engineering Department
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About BK Medical
BK Medical is committed to designing ultrasound systems that help surgeons’ image, guide, intervene, and navigate inside the human body. Surgeons are our customers, and they range from HPB surgeons, neurosurgeons, and robotic-assisted surgeons to urologists, colorectal surgeons, and more.
Our mission at BK is to enable real-time intraoperative guidance during surgical procedures, giving surgeons the information needed to immediately make critical decisions.
Real-time visualization supports surgeons in achieving the best patient outcomes by allowing visualization of organs at the time of surgery and imaging the path of surgical devices during the procedure, as well as imaging at the end of surgery. BK Medical’s intraoperative ultrasound imaging can guide the surgeon through various steps – from staging through intervention to validation – all in one procedure.
An Engineer in the Process Engineering Group supports process development during design; monitors, analyzes, troubleshoots, and provides technical knowledge to resolve and improve manufacturing issues and yields of ultrasound transducers and probes. Work together regularly with colleagues internally and internationally on product development, process development and troubleshooting teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
- Actively provide technical contributions to the manufacturing processes
- Adapt and apply standard approaches and solutions for various product manufacturing processes
- Provide cause/correlation analysis in order to further the understanding of the relationship between key input variables and acoustic output variables
- Interface with the production department as required to facilitate the completion of assigned duties
- Interface with the quality organization to ensure all quality and regulatory requirements are met including thorough and accurate documentation
- Interface with purchasing and the supply base on a technical level in order to clarify any details of incoming material requirements
- Prepare technical and project progress reports suitable for upper management
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods to reduce manufacturing lead time and increase yield
- Analyze and plan, space requirements, and workflow, and layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline, Physics or closely related field
- A minimum of 5 years engineering experience in design/manufacturing
- Proficiency using and designing in a 3D CAD system, SolidWorks or equivalent required
- Ability to read and understand wiring diagrams and simple schematics required
- Experience in assembly, repair and troubleshooting of small complex devices desired
- Extended continuous proficiency in current disciplines, life-long learner
- Experience in a FDA, ISO13485, or other highly regulated environment required
- Proficient in data analysis, particularly statistical techniques and visualization
- Working knowledge of ERP systems such as Visual, SAP, etc., required
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within or lead a team of peers, as well as excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to communicate highly technical analyses at a level comprehensible to laymen and senior management
- Bring energy and enthusiasm to each day’s effort
- Lifting up to 25 pounds
- Computer typing
- Computer monitor
State College, PA
BK Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. BK Medical will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under state or federal law.
AddressState College, PA
ManufacturingView all jobs at BK Medical