- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical,
COMPANY OVERVIEW: As a leading multi-media outlet for heavy industry, BIC Alliance channels reach over 1 million page-views online alongside 27,000 print subscribers with each of our bi-monthly print editions. In fact, our Business & Industry Connection (BIC) Magazine recently celebrated its 38th year in circulation. BIC reaches nearly 100,000 mid- and upper-level managers and executives in the refining/petrochemical, drilling and exploration, pipeline, marine, terminal, power generation and heavy construction industries. Editorial Departments cover industry concerns such as process safety, maintenance, purchasing and the environment. BIC is also featured online in its entirety and is accessed worldwide. BIC Magazine serves a wider variety of sectors and departments than other energy magazines. It also has ongoing editorial, direct mail, email blasts and access to databases.
POSITION TITLE: Editor
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience
LOCATION: Houston, TX and surrounding region
SUMMARY: Experienced writer needed immediately to join Editorial Team for successful publisher focusing primarily on the Energy Sector for 38-years. Our digital media channels reach over 1 million page-views online alongside 27,000 print subscribers with each print edition.
Related journalism degree with experience working for deadline-oriented publications preferred. Excellent research, editing and AP styles background needed. Your role will be client facing and experience in marketing, public relations and/or advertising will be strongly considered to address client management - involves some travel for business and trade event coverage in the Greater Houston Area.
- Client facing / professional interpersonal abilities
- Highly developed writing and interviewing skills
- Excellent communications
- Must work within strict deadline environment
- Positive contributions to Team effort
- Must be professional and courteous
- Willingness to travel (day trips / short-term)
- Publicist mindset
- Experience with AP Style
- Knowledge of petrochemical and refining industry a plus
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Background in journalism, communications, and/or public relations
- BA degree in related field
- Please provide writing samples
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at BIC Recruiting
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?