BI is one of the leading technology companies in Colorado and the largest provider of innovative electronic monitoring solutions in the United States. We excel at proving technological solutions to over 1,000 agencies nationwide and allowing those agencies to fulfill their missions without worrying about the technical complexities.
Experienced DevOps Engineers—a world of opportunity awaits you! Are you looking for the kind of opportunity that truly challenges you to use the skills you’ve worked so hard to build? We can help!
About the Role
Responsible for process improvement and continuous re-engineering for planning of test and deployment of software. Responsible for the orchestration towards continuous integration. Incorporate a smooth transition between Developers, QA, DBAs and System Administrators.
What You'll be Doing
- Integrate workflow procedures supporting the rapid development, deployment and integration of new software.
- Orchestrate continuous integration through innovation.
- Software Code Release manager for the IT team.
- Works with Developers, QA and IT on release automation.
- Writes scripting changes as needed to help the monitoring process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring to this Position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Software Engineering, Project Management or related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong acumen for systems and technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong coding or scripting experience (.NET).
- Three to five years of experience in the following areas:
- Source Control (Git, Bitbucket, SVN, etc)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc)
- Infrastructure Automation (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc)
- Development Automation & Orchestration (Jenkins, VSTS, Octopus Deploy, etc)
- Container Concepts (LXD, Docker, etc)
- Orchestration (Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm, etc)
- Clould (AWS, Azure, Openstack, etc)
- Security related certifications preferred.
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools.
- Experience with automating testing environments.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile/Scrum development process.
- Strong data management skills.
- Strong focus on business outcomes and project completion.
- Ability to provide good customer service in times of crisis.
- Direct collaboration and open communication including reaching across functional borders
- Ability to communicate technical issues to all levels of management and diverse internal and external contacts at all levels in comprehensible terms.
- Ability to share knowledge and experience and to provide helpful advice to other team members.
- Adheres to Change Control management.
- Ability to provide detailed and summary documentation for various purposes and audiences
- Business knowledge and understanding of the IT role in the business.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department
- US citizenship required.
- Ability to pass a federal background check and obtain a suitability determination.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with regard to information stored in operational databases.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be part of a stable, established, and yet still growing organization with a great deal of diversification that will present you with a range of different challenges. We value your hard work and professional dedication and will reward you with a competitive compensation package that includes full benefits.
Your benefits will include:
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Term life insurance (includes spouse and dependent)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement program
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Various discount programs
- Your world of opportunities begins here! Apply today!
BI is part of The GEO Group’s GEO Care division. GEO Care delivers accountability and change for correctional agencies seeking flexible solutions that enhance public safety and contain costs. GEO Care is the leader in technology, programming, and innovation, offering comprehensive approaches to manage, rehabilitate, and treat adults and youth in community corrections and immigration proceedings.