POSITION SUMMARY: The Human Resources Specialist performs, supports and coordinates a broad variety of Human Resources activities (Recruiting, Benefits, HRIS, etc.) Facilitates the efficient operation of the department and provides customer service to internal and external contacts.
Accountable and responsible for the following results:
- Participate and support recruitment on-boarding processes for new employees, interns and volunteers. Assist with processing background checks (such as OIG and NPDB), post open positions to DOL and other sources, set up new hire files, process employee referrals, prepare paperwork and handouts for new employee orientation. Prepare new hire badges and issue key fobs for staff and maintain databases. May participate in other related hiring processes and activities as required.
- Maintain employee and HR filing system (paper and electronic) in accordance with federal/state and organization requirements. Conduct internal audits to assure compliance. Provide recommendations to increase efficiencies and implement changes.
- Support Paycom HRIS needs by creating job description templates and other Paycom-related duties as required.
- Assist in the update and maintenance of the Relias Learning system ensuring records for employee’s credentials, licenses, physicals, etc., are in compliance with organization policy and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare routine and non-routine reports as needed.
- Create and execute employee and other department communications. Utilize Microsoft Suite to create PowerPoint presentations, Excel documents, group emails, communications, and word documents, editing and proofreading. Create Adobe flyers documents as required for recruitment and other purposes.
- Organize and prepare for bi-weekly new hire orientation meetings. Schedule and confirm presenters, arrange for room set-up, prepare new hire announcements, greet new employees and support activities throughout orientation days.
- Support and execute the organization of annual events (such as Flu clinics), schedule trainings and lunch-and-learns, and organize/schedule benefits meetings as requested.
- Respond to routine internal and external inquiries from employees and management, handling independently or facilitating requests requiring input from other HR team members.
- Respond to employment verifications.
- Monitor Labor Law postings and replace as needed in all agency locations.
- Routinely lead or participate in routine and non-routine regulatory agency and HR/Finance audit requests for information.
- Maintain general office functions related to incoming department and administration phone calls and mail and office supply orders. Serve as greeter to administrative office.
- Prepare and process HR department invoices in compliance with organization standards utilizing E-Requestor and other methods.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES /SKILLS:
- May be required to use own vehicle on company business.
- Regular and consistent attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Attends training sessions, workshops, and seminars as requested by supervisor, or as needed for professional development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Human Resources experience desirable. Minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency with PCs and Microsoft Office Word & Outlook. Experience with HRIS and/or ATS preferred. Adobe Acrobat experience desirable.
- Must be flexible, able to take initiative and prioritize, multitask, and work efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and excel as a team member.
- Must maintain confidentiality.