BHRS Companies is seeking a full-time Preconstruction Manager
We are looking for talented, career-minded individuals who want to continue building a career within the commercial development, construction, and real estate industries. Preconstruction Manager plays a critical role in ensuring each and every day that our brands' quality control standards are met and maintained with a high degree of customer service. This role will directly service all commercial business operations.
Who is BHRS Companies?
BHRS Companies is an innovative holding company focused on meeting the needs of commercial real estate occupiers and industry partners. Current BHRS brands include Hurd Construction Management and Fabricon Modular.
Hurd Construction Management is a Florida based construction advisor and project management service firm specializing in commercial buildouts and renovations in retail, food and beverage, and professional office environments where delivering a strong and consistent brand experience is crucial. Hurd also focuses on providing systematic construction program management streamlining and strengthening large scale, multi-site initiatives. Projects primarily include retail, restaurant, office and other commercial spaces throughout Florida and the Sunbelt region of the United States.
Fabricon Modular is an innovative modular construction provider designed to bring the speed, scalability, and strategic savings of modern modular construction solutions to educational groups and districts, state and municipal government agencies, industrial and logistical businesses, and the rapidly evolving retail, restaurant, and consumer services marketplace. Fabricon Modular designs, sells, installs and services prefabricated and modular buildings primarily in Florida, Georgia, and the Southeast United States.
What does the role pay?
This is a full-time remote or hybrid role with a pay range of $84,000 to $120,000 total compensation package including annual bonus at plan. Base salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
As an owner’s representative and construction project manager, early-stage project development and preconstruction phasing is the most critical element of the project planning process. This role is responsible for leading project development of realistic and achievable project budgets, timelines, permitting and compliance strategies, and other activities needed to prepare the owner and project team for construction phasing, including outfitting of FF&E/OS&E for commercial projects. Portfolio will include multiple concurrent projects throughout Florida, the Sunbelt region, and nationally for customers. Preconstruction strategies and customer relationships may include professional advisory (CMa), construction manager as constructor (CMc), and/or traditional general contracting (GC) capacities. In all relationship scenarios this role will directly lead, manage, and control all commercial construction preconstruction phasing processes. Projects may involve interior buildouts, full renovations and alterations, and new construction.
- Role is remote or hybrid from our Jacksonville corporate HQ internally performing planning, coordination, and administrative functions.
- Travel may be requested, but travel is not a mainstream aspect of the position.
- Work closely with customers and sales teams to develop customer specific value propositions and late-stage closing strategies. Ensure sales teams and new customer relationships receive appropriate attention to support the growth goals of the company.
- Ensure effective, compliant customer contracting strategies to optimize scope and revenue opportunity while mitigating credit, contracting and delivery risk for the company.
- Operate consistently with company’s ethos as a strategic advisor versus a “contractor”. Ensure all actions maintain alignment with the customer’s best interest while providing absolute assurance around committed timelines and cost.
- Act as the primary responsible party to manage projects from estimating through contracting, and preconstruction to construction. Draw on internal and external resources to effectively achieve customer and company goals including architectural, engineering, design, FF&E/OS&E procurement, project management, administration, estimating, construction operations and accounting.
- Ensure effective and comprehensive field verification to document space attributes, site conditions, feasibility, design, and constructability issues. Field verifications may be required as part of the site selection process or after sites have been selected and may be provided directly or through internal and external resources.
- Effectively document the entire project directory of influencers and stakeholders including owner, landlord, A&E, authorities of jurisdiction, shell contractors etc. Manage a well sequenced and consistent cadence of communication across all parties to ensure a complete and efficient development and preconstruction process.
- Develop rough orders of magnitude and project timelines to inform owner strategies and expectations and internal estimating parameters and goals.
- Oversee outside architectural and engineering providers to achieve project goals and objectives. Ensure complete control, documentation and organization of all externally and internally generated drawings, submittals, transmittals and other project documents to avoid miscommunication and project delivery risk.
- Directly manage all permitting functions to achieve project goals and objectives. Ensure intelligent permitting strategies that anticipate risk and overcome typical bottlenecks and delays.
- Document, develop and refine all project development and preconstruction workflows, deliverables, and standards.
- 5 years minimum proven commercial construction project management experience, preferably directly employed for a regional or national level project owner as their owner's representative.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management strongly preferred, or general business major (ie. Business Administration, International Business, Finance, Management Information Systems, etc.).
- Proficiency reading and interpreting construction plans and documents.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CSI cost coding structured formatting.
- Strong technical writing skills and attention to detail (Scopes of Work (SOW), Invitations to Bid (ITB), Request for Proposal or Quote (RFP/RFQ), Addenda, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and parallel strategy development required versus rudimentary linear approaches.
- Demonstrated understanding of construction professional services and trades required (AED, civil work, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural and non-structural framing, concrete, finishes, etc.).
- Demonstrated understanding of all project disciplines required including scope and timeline development, estimating, procurement, FF&E project management, construction and post construction.
- Ability to troubleshoot drawing and document related inconsistencies.
- Ability to establish, develop and nurture effective internal and external relationships.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, changing priorities in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
- Strong ability to prioritize work and achieve deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- High degree of initiative and strong customer service focus.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office products required (Word/Excel/Outlook/365)
- Professional, positive image and attitude to internal and external customers.
- Commitment to continued professional growth and development.
- Valid driver’s license.
BHRS Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug test and background check required prior to placement.
BHRS CompaniesJacksonville, FL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.