Machining Quality Engineer
BHARAT FORGE ALUMINUM USA INC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Machining Quality engineer is responsible for coordinating and performing all quality-oriented tasks in customer & supplier relationship and internally. Improve and maintain quality standards to ensure automotive parts are properly controlled to type design and to meet the requirements of the Quality Management System.
- Lead CMM programmer & operators
- Train operators in quality processes
- Continuously improves and maintains of APQP documentation
- Develops quality related processes and instructions for all methods of quality standards in quality assurance lab & shop floor in accordance with VDA/ISO/IATF requirements.
- Perform Capability studies, MSA's, PPAPs, internal Audits
- Reads, interprets, and evaluate complicated blueprints, specifications, and other technical data, including, QA procedures and instructions, customer, and vendor specifications.
- perform root cause analysis for machining Quality defects internally and together with customer or suppliers using standards like 8D, 5Why, etc.
- Maintain Gage calibration, inventory, design, procurement, new part development measurement systems. Work with CMM & Gaging vendors to define and improve the process.
- Work with process team and maintenance team in accordance with common goals
- Responsible to monitor daily tasks of inspection and provide feedback to management regarding status and other associate's performance.
- Evaluates results of inspections, including to identify causes of rejects due to erroneous inspection, and follows-through with appropriate corrective actions.
- Provide feedback internally or externally to engineering, manufacturing, and suppliers, as required.
- Completes documentation for results of inspection, including general work orders, first article inspections, and documentation of nonconforming conditions.
- Administers software updates to CMMs and other inspection equipment and executes software validation tests to verify revision changes of software used for product acceptance.
- Responsible to manage user securities and 'manager' level accounts for inspection equipment with software.
- Knowledge and understanding of industrial manufacturing processes and techniques
- Advanced Blueprint reading skills for interpretation of drawings, notes, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) tolerances and symbols
- Strong working knowledge of GD&T with respect to inspection and part set-up for inspection
- Good working knowledge of statistics and metrics
- Strong ability to problem solves inspections through different set-ups and comparative techniques
- Knowledge of inspection and control methods, techniques, and documentation.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and experience implementing lean manufacturing
Education and Experience:
- B. S. degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university required.
- 3 to 5 years of experience preferred.
BHARAT FORGE ALUMINUM USA INC
Get fresh Machine Learning Developer jobs daily straight to your inbox!