Molding Process Engineer
BH Solutions Group, Inc, an Executive Recruiter located in Akron, OH
Currently assisting a Northeast Ohio company with their search for a Molding Process Engineer who will be responsible for the development and qualify the process for the injection molding presses, new mold validations, and troubleshooting.
Responsibilities for the Molding Process Engineer
- Establish, control, and improve the existing injection molding, decorating, and assembly processes and their effective transfer through the 24 hour operation.
- Manage new mold and mold change sampling including all documentation.
- Validate process development efforts and interaction with part quality.
- Provide feedback to program engineering for follow-up as necessary.
- Work closely with management team members regarding all aspects of process control.
- Assist and coach Shift Foreperson on process control and troubleshooting.
- Adhere to quality system requirements and the improvement in relationship to with process set-ups and their maintenance.
- Perform other tasks / projects as necessary to aid the company policy.
Requirements for the Molding Process Engineer
- Bachelors degree or demonstrated experience in similar position
- 5 years hands-on experience in Plastics Injection Molding, Mold / Machine Set-Up, Process Development & Troubleshooting.
- Superior analytic ability and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing statistics including; SPC, design of experiments, and capability studies required.
- ISO 9001 or similar quality system experience.