Service Technician (HVAC Required) - The Falls and Woods of Hoover
As a Service Technician, you're primarily responsible for assisting in overseeing the physical assets, general maintenance repairs, apartment make-readies, and preventive maintenance and construction or rehabilitation projects for the property.
Essential Job Functions:
- Uses service request system to schedule and establish priorities with daily assistance from Community Manager and Service Supervisor.
- Repairs/replaces any apartment material/maintenance requests within scope of management responsibility including but not limited to the following areas- HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, dry walling, interior and exterior structural, appliances, and apartment make-readies; including exterior grounds and common areas of the property.
- Monitors the completion of service requests while limiting callbacks and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Complete understanding and working knowledge of the company’s policies and procedures. Assisting with ensuring that established preventative maintenance programs are implemented, followed, and documented per BH program guidelines.
- The ability to use independent judgement while dealing with moderate to high levels of stress due to meeting deadlines, reprioritizing activities.
- Works with the office team and Maintenance supervisor completing move in/move out reports. Completing work per schedule, discussing as needed any major expense before acting. Reporting to Community Manager when completed units are read to show.
- Assist with identification and correction of hazardous community conditions including daily touring of the property reporting any hazards to the Community Manager and Service Supervisor. May assist with repairing hazards.
- Shares on-call responsibilities with the maintenance team; responding to resident requests within 24 hours and hazardous weather problems as soon as made aware of the situation.
- Assist with inventory and ordering supplies, and may be responsible for pick-up of supplies as-needed.
- Six months to one-year general maintenance and safety experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of building maintenance and repair and preventative maintenance programs, irrigation and pool systems, large and small appliance repair
- Basic computer skills/knowledge required to perform job functions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize work functions
- A positive, team-oriented attitude, and ability to work with a diverse group of people and customers
- Required to provide own (industry specific) hand tools
- A valid driver’s license and/or reliable transportation required
- Regular attendance, punctuality and dependability required
- Six months to one-year general knowledge/experience with all major types of heating and air conditioning
- HVAC certification or ability to obtain
- EPA Certification in areas of Type II-domestic HVAC systems, 410A- or ability to obtain
- CPO (Certified Pool Operator) or ability to obtain
Work Schedule 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday (work schedule may vary). Some overtime may be required including “on-call” and/or rotating “on-call” responsibilities as needed to meet business needs.
- (3) Weeks of Paid Time Off
- Birthday Paid Day Off
- 12 paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/ Vision
- 401K + match
- Education reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free workplace. Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screen