Essential Job Functions:
- Facilitates the development of full-scale project plans, associated communications documents, and effectively communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion. Coordinates and communicates all updates.
- Drafts scopes, contract documents, pay applications and closeout documents for each project for review and approval by the SCPM.
- Researches and develops relationships with new contractors, vendors and suppliers of services and nurtures current relationships.
- Maintains vendor/contractor communications concerning work scheduling, timely and accurate billings, and meeting project timelines and milestones.
- Sets and continually manages project expectations with team members and other stakeholders. Identifies and manages project dependencies, critical path and timelines.
- Drafts and submits budget proposals, and recommends subsequent budget changes where necessary for review and approval by the SCPM and ACR.
- Estimates the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals and coordinates the appropriate recruitments with supervisor.
- Plans, schedules, and regularly updates project timelines and milestones using appropriate specified tools. Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, required documentation, and presentations in a consistent, timely manner.
- Prepares and distributes project status reports required for internal and external stakeholders. Analyzes results, and proactively troubleshoots problem areas. Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential crises, and devises contingency plans.
- Conducts project post mortems and creates a “Best Practices” recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Identifies and resolves issues and conflicts within the project team. Liaises with project stakeholders on an ongoing and consistent basis.
- Sets and upholds high standards of honesty for self and team members. Reports any unfair, dishonest, unethical, or illegal activity to their immediate supervisor.
- Ensures a consistent, professional flow of communication between corporate, regional, contractors, and project staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, and/or related work experience
- Ability to travel up to 40-50%
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment with exposure to the elements of nature under normal construction conditions
- Have a complete understanding and working knowledge of the company’s policies and procedures and communicate any changes with the community staff
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner demonstrating leadership qualities at all times and observe and support the company’s philosophies, policies and procedures
- Have a working knowledge of all industry standards, guidelines, laws, requirements set forth and governed by any and all municipalities
- Must effectively convey ideas, images and goals to a diverse group of personalities and be able to implement accordingly
- Thorough understanding of construction codes and OSHA safety requirements.
- Working knowledge of all sub trades
- Ability to read and understand blueprints/drawings and relevant contract documents.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with employees, managers, subcontractors, suppliers, and clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work independently in a fast paced environment with a diverse group of people and customers.
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to multi-task, and simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- Proactive, with excellent analytical and problem solving skills; ability to resolve project issues or conflicts Proficiency in use of a personal computer and software programs such as MS Excel, Word, Outlook, Estimating, Project Management, Cost Management, and Scheduling software
- A valid driver’s license may be required
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday, or as needed to meet business needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free workplace. Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
With revenues now surpassing $500 million annually, BH Companies have come a long way in a short time. Our guiding principles are simple and direct. First, invest in employees—they are the front line of our team and the foundation of our success. Second, go above and beyond to satisfy customers.
If we do our job well, renters become long-term residents, directly impacting profitability. As a result, we are ever vigilant about the interests of partners and clients, carefully balancing dollars invested against anticipated return. By adhering to these guidelines, BH Companies has enjoyed continuous growth and outstanding performance for well over a decade.
Our mission continues: We’re all about creating value.