A Los Angeles-based investment advisory firm is seeking an experienced Financial Planner to work closely with new and existing clients to deliver comprehensive financial planning services. This position will report to the Director of Financial Planning. Clients include high-net-worth individuals and families, pension plans and non-profits. With $3.5 billion in assets under management, they are one of the oldest and largest independent RIA firms in Los Angeles.
Looking for a SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT for sophisticated wealth planning involving additional areas of stock options, GRAT, selling a business, succession planning and providing white papers. Mentor to junior planners.
INDIVIDUALS WITH THEIR CFP (CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER) ARE HIGHLY PREFERRED. THOSE WHO DO NOT HAVE THEIR CFP WILL NEED TO ACQUIRE WITHIN 2 YEARS. EXPERIENCE WITH AN RIA OR FINANCIAL SERVICES/ACCOUNTANT INDUSTRY IS A PLUS.
1. Work with Senior Advisors of the firm to deliver comprehensive financial planning to clients and
The day-to-day includes:
- Gathering data and organizing client information;
- Constructing financial plans by entering data into eMoney;
- Updating existing financial plans;
- Delivering financial plans to clients;
- Mentoring Associates of the firm on the financial planning process and topics.
2. Research miscellaneous financial planning questions/topics.
3. Undertake special projects (e.g., plan tracking, department metric analysis, etc.) on an as-needed basis.
4. Operate as a resource to the firm on financial planning topics.
- Minimum of five years of experience in comprehensive financial planning.
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of financial planning, including tax, estate planning, insurance, etc.
- Experience with eMoney preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting, finance or a related field.
- CFP designation required. Other certifications (CPA, JD) desirable.
- Client-facing experience with high net worth clients.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to handle multiple tasks and shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated strong presentation and communication abilities, analytical skills and attention to detail.
COMPETITIVE SALARY DOE, PLUS BONUS AND FULL COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE INCLUDED.