Our client is seeking a dynamic and knowledgeable Senior Accountant to become a vital contributor on their accounting team. This accounting professional will be very hands on and operationally focused, eager to learn, and demonstrate high energy, positive attitude and strong time management and organizational skills, strong work ethic, and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Perform monthly close routines and assist with the management of the monthly close schedule
- Prepare journal entries including sufficient documentation/support/approvals
- Coordinate accounting matters with other departments
- Assist with intercompany transaction and relevant general ledger coding
- Assist with the month-end financial reporting
- Assist with the general accounting function with the compilation of project accruals and interface with fixed asset accounting
- Provide accounting support during the creation of overseas entities
- Coordinate and manage the internal compliance program
- Assist with various ad-hoc requests for tax and audit purposes
- Identify gaps in current processes and makes recommendations to streamline
Required Skills and Experience:
- B.A. in Accounting with CPA (or pursuing CPA) preferred
- 5+ years of related experience with a minimum of 2 years of public accounting experience
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”)
- Experience working within a monthly close process
- Implementing accounting systems
- Preparing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with advance skills in Excel
- Self-starter with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Team player, flexible and with positive attitude
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills, strategic thinking and high attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment-- start-up experience a plus!
No visa sponsorship available for this position.