- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 Hourly
Who are we?
Element Technologies is a premier IT outsourcing firm serving small and mid-size business for over 25 years. We love what we do and have a passion for customer service which reflects in our people and defines who we are. Our team has the depth and breadth to tackle a wide range of issues and the ability to provide thought leadership to our clients. We are all about keeping our clients running, responding quickly to problems, and providing solutions in a meaningful yet easy-to-understand way.
The majority of our clients that we started with are still with us. That’s because we’re serious about our long-term commitment to them and we share their goals. Our success is not only due to the quality of our work; it’s due to our attitudes, our innovative thinking, and the way we treat each other and our clients.
What will I do?
In this internship, you will learn and be responsible for a variety of IT related tasks, to include:
• Provide first line response for users requiring assistance with information technology issues and problems;
• Respond to requests for technical assistance by phone, email and/or using a Help Desk management system;
• Track issues to resolution, updating the internal knowledge base and/or communicating the findings with relevant business units;
• Escalate more involved problems to the appropriate Tier 2 and Tier 3 Support Teams; and
• Act as a liaison between customers and technical escalation teams.
What will I learn? As a Help Desk Intern, you will be exposed to a variety of different technologies as well as a variety of different job skills, to include:
• Windows Desktop and Server operating systems: WinXP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 2003/2008/2012 servers
• Active Directory
• Microsoft Lync
• Exchange 2003, 2007, and 2010
• Office 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 supporting
• Backup solutions
• Network switching
• Remote monitoring and support
• Equipment recycling
• Telephone confidence, written/verbal communication, organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
Compensation and Schedule:
This internship pays $16/hour for a minimum commitment of 16-20 hours per week. We are able to offer a flexible schedule, in the evening and weekend hours, to work around your school schedule!
TechnologyView all jobs at BGM Group