BGIS is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join the team in Dallas, TX. Other Remote locations will be considered for candidates with exceptional PM experience with managing multiple remote projects.
BGIS is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, including facilities management, project management, energy & sustainability services, strategic workplace consulting, real estate services and capital planning. Its range of solutions, supported by efficient systems, processes, and people, enables it to create and optimize places that work for its clients. The team is dedicated to inspiring better business performance and helping clients focus on their core businesses.
With over 20 years of experience, we employ over 5,000 skilled professionals and manage in excess of 56 million square meters of property and infrastructure, and delivers services that drive sustainable cost reductions for its clients. As part of the wider Brookfield Asset Management Group, BGIS clients benefit from the combined strength, expertise and leadership. When you join our team, whether as a seasoned professional or a recent graduate, you’re joining an industry-leading company that makes a difference in our communities, drives innovation through best practices and technology, and takes pride in being one of Canada’s Green 30 companies since 2010.
This person will assume higher complexity projects, client relationships, and revenue oversight and may direct more than one Project Manager with oversight of their projects
• Leads projects from initiation to closeout.
• Develops and manages project plans, schedules, and scopes of work.
• Oversees, scheduling and coordination of internal and external resources for project completion.
• Communicates with clients and project resources (subcontractors and vendors).
• Documents discussions, outcomes, and decisions.
• Supports Request for Proposal (RFP) process.
• Researches and evaluates new products and vendors.
• Processes or oversees review log and distributes submittals.
• Obtains detailed knowledge of contract, drawings and specifications for project(s).
• Maintains or oversees the cost issue logs.
• Upholds and communicates McKinstry safety standards.
• Ensures safety compliance of subcontractors and all on-site personnel.
• Defines individual project responsibilities and accountabilities.
• Coordinates implementation handoffs between internal departments.
• Mitigates and reports on risk on behalf of the company.
• Delivers accurate and timely business reports.
• Manages and coordinates procurement activities for Subcontracts and Purchase Orders.
• Oversees Job Start and Project Closeout materials.
• Assesses, defines and documents agreements from customers regarding project requirements.
• Manages pre-construction process with the field foremen and Business Manager.
• Assess site safety and implements actions to prevent injury to property and personnel.
• Ensures safety compliance of subcontractors and all on-site personnel.
• Assumes financial responsibility for project including accurate, timely and relevant reporting to stakeholders.
• Facilitates invoice payment to subcontractors and suppliers.
• Reviews substantiation of subcontractor billing.
• Responsible for preparation of monthly project accounting review.
• Monitors, controls, and reports on the financial performance of projects.
• Draft or oversee subcontracts and purchase agreements.
• Assist with client billings.
• Generates preliminary assessments, technical solutions, fee proposals, presentations, studies, and general support.
• Maintains positive working relationships with building owners, contractors, consultants, vendors and partners.
• Respond to stakeholder inquiries.
• Delivers accurate and timely data to support project forecasts.
• Serve as primary point of contact with customer.
• Inform internal and external customers of new offerings and upgrades.
• Facilitate communication internally between project team and other departments.
• Make presentations to a variety of audiences; act as subject matter expert.
• Identify, qualify and funnel potential new service opportunities to Business Development team.
• Directs customer requests for product functionality enhancements to the appropriate people.
• Recruits, coaches, and mentors project team members.
• Develop project staffing plans to include labor and subcontractors.
• Responsible for the forecasting of project management labor requirements.
• Act as steward of McKinstry culture; communicate and influence policies and procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
• Must have demonstrated proficiency for all the responsibilities of a Project Manager.
• BA/BS degree in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Architecture, Facilities Management or equivalent work experience required.
• Eight (8) years of experience in project management, building operations or other related field required.
• Experience with working for a General Contractor or Major Mechanical Subcontractor required.
• Proficient in scheduling software: Microsoft Project, Primavera, and/or Suretrak required.
• Knowledge of construction management, commercial building process, financial acumen
• Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
• RCDD, CPM professional designation is preferred.
• Knowledge of construction financial programs and software.
• Basic estimating skills preferred.
• Knowledge of the basics of labor relations including union contract requirements, and hiring practices preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Ability and willingness to travel.
• Physical ability to walk jobsites in uneven terrain.
• Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.