BGIS is currently seeking a Facilities Maintenance Generalist to join the team in Weston, WV area.
BGIS is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, including facilities management, project management, energy & sustainability services, strategic workplace consulting, real estate services and capital planning. Its range of solutions, supported by efficient systems, processes, and people, enables it to create and optimize places that work for its clients. The team is dedicated to inspiring better business performance and helping clients focus on their core businesses.
With over 20 years of experience, we employ over 5,000 skilled professionals and manage in excess of 56 million square meters of property and infrastructure, and delivers services that drive sustainable cost reductions for its clients. As part of the wider Brookfield Asset Management Group, BGIS clients benefit from the combined strength, expertise and leadership. When you join our team, whether as a seasoned professional or a recent graduate, you’re joining an industry-leading company that makes a difference in our communities, drives innovation through best practices and technology, and takes pride in being one of Canada’s Green 30 companies since 2010.
This person will be responsible for:
Purpose Statement: Under direct supervision, remotely access, analyze, and troubleshoot complex HVAC and DDC control systems
- All responsibilities of Maintenance Generalist
- Conducts technical maintenance and support of mechanical systems which may include HVAC, pumps, motors, valves, chilled water distribution systems, and electrical workstations
- Monitor/maintain/respond to facility events
- Troubleshoot issues identified during normal routine work or emergency response
- Perform Preventive Maintenance routines
- Perform and execute established methods and practices
- Monitor Building/System Conditions
- Maintain shift logs/reports
- Demonstrates high level of working knowledge in assigned area
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
- Extensive Facilities Maintenance experience (typically 3+ years).
- Proficient knowledge of and experience with facilities equipment.
- Ability to perform complex system & equipment Preventive Maintenance and Corrective
- Maintenance activities
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience required
- Technical education and or experience with building automation systems required
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, and Outlook and required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred
- Experience managing technical issues within a facility required
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- May work non-standard hours including weekends, holidays and nights.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.