BGIS is currently seeking a Critical Facilities Engineer to join the team.
Purpose Statement: Maintain critical mechanical, electrical, and control systems in a critical environment facility
This person will be responsible for:
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with internal and external clients.
- Respond to customer service requests in a timely manner.
- Respond to emergency calls.
Maintain Data Center Systems
- Performs maintenance to ensure the highest level of efficiency without disruption to the business.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks in accordance with BGIS Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend system upgrades.
- Order parts and supplies for maintenance and repairs.
- Solicit proposals for outsourced work.
- Work with vendors and contractors to ensure their work meets BGIS and Client standards.
- Accurate and timely completion of work order requests.
- Escalate issues to Critical Environment Facility Manager as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-year experience in a Critical Environment required.
- Blue Seal Engineer license
- HVAC mechanical skills
- Chilled water plant operations
- Supply and exhaust fan system knowledge
- Refrigeration system knowledge
- Hydronic systems
- Strong building controls experience preferably Metasys
- Strong electrical troubleshooting skills (within skill set)
- Sheet metal
- Cooling tower water treatment
- DI/RO systems
- Lab Fume Hoods
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.