A California based commercial real estate investment firm is seeking a high-energy and detail-oriented property management professional who will assume hands-on responsibility for overseeing 400,000 square foot portfolio of three multi-tenant office and industrial business parks located in the Dallas & San Antonio, TX. This position will be located on-site in Dallas, and requires travelling to San Antonio once-twice a month to visit san Antonio property. The successful candidate will have superior tenant relations, analytical, budgeting, written communication, leasing and process management skills.
The Property Manager functions as the professional-in-charge of the property under management, works with a high degree of independence and reports directly to the Asset Manager.
Essential duties and responsibilities will include:
- Communicate with existing tenants to ensure their satisfaction as a tenant in the park
- Coordinate and oversee on behalf of owner, all tenant improvement and building construction work to ensure its timely, accurate and on-budget completion
- Bid, negotiate, and manage vendor contracts
- Develop budgets, track variances, assist with CAM reconciliations, and ensure smooth recovery process
- Assisting with leasing activities, draft leases.
- Perform lease administration duties, monitor collections, and coordinate default proceedings
- Accurately abstract all property leases
- Interface with accounting team, including preparation of accurate and timely reporting
- Participate in team meetings and ensure effective communication between property management, accounting and ownership team members
- Provide and foster positive relationships with tenants and internal clients Ensures periodic regular property inspection.
- Recommends and/or approves alterations, maintenance and reconditioning as necessary. Contracts for and supervises vendor services as required.
- Prepares and delivers timely, accurate and complete reports.
- Develops and controls annual budgets for operating and capital expenses.
- Forecasts management plans and prepares monthly performance, explaining variances.
- Collects rent and pays expenses in compliance with lease terms.
- Develops business relationships through membership and participations in professional, industry/trade and civic organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides formal supervision to individual employees, including staff recruitment, selection, performance reviews, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination.
- Shares best practices with colleagues across the company.
The successful candidate will rely on their own experience and judgment to manage and lease the projects. They will perform a variety of tasks and a wide degree of creativity is expected. The ideal candidate will have the following skills and background:
- 5 plus years of real estate property management experience (industrial, office or retail)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, well-spoken and possess strong business writing skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, highly organized and the ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience
- MRI experience is a plus
- RPA or CPM Designation is a plus
- High proficiency with MS Office Products
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to review and explain operating results and to reforecast budgets.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents such as leases and contracts.
- Sense of urgency in delivering on commitments
Salary plus bonus and full health insurance package included. The candidate must be a high performing professional with broad experience and proven track record to perform the role as outlined. As such, the compensation plan will be negotiated to attract exceptional candidates.
To learn more about our services visit www.bg-talent.com
Why Work Here?BG Talent, a Brand of BG Staffing, Inc. (NYSE American: BGSF), provides temporary staffing for Commercial Real Estate positions from Engineers to Administrators. To learn more about our services visit www.bg-talent.com
Your Future. Our Purpose.