The Building Engineer is responsible for operating and maintaining CAP’s building systems, grounds, and equipment.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Maintaining work order logs and project schedules.
- Documenting work performed.
- Overseeing and assisting in assessing performance of outside contractors.
- Providing high-quality, reliable building operations.
- Exercising independent judgment in performing daily tasks as assigned by the Supervisor, Building Operations.
- Taking initiative to act independently within areas of demonstrated competence.
- May be assigned responsibility for specific projects.
- Requesting direction when needed.
- Performing with minimum direct supervision.
- Exercising initiative and applying good judgment in adapting to changing requirements.
Qualifications for this role
- Self starter with demonstrated attention to detail and follow through skills preferred.
- A desire to learn and improve.
- Demonstrated knowledge of building operating engineering functions.
- Success in performing both routine and complex activities related to specific duties.
- Requires ability to lift up to 75lbs.
- Able to work on ladders above six feet.
- Occasional operation of forklift and platform lift.
- Able to walk on uneven landscaped grounds.
- Able to use hand and power tools competently.
- Able to identify and take proper precautions when working in environments containing dust, odors, chemicals, solvents and other unpleasant or potentially hazardous substances.
- Able to keep tools and workspaces well-organized.
- Able to work well with people in person, in writing, and over the phone.
- Moderate computer skills:
- Word processing,
- Email, and
- Microsoft office.
- High school graduate.
- Related college-level courses, vocational training or facility related training courses desirable
- 2-5 years experience in full or part-time facility operations and building maintenance in a similar environment required.
- Record of training seminars or on-the-job facility-related education helpful.
- Knowledge of workplace safety practices appropriate to the position required.
May be asked to put in overtime hours for after-hours call outs and as other needs arise.
- May result in time-and-a-half or double time, depending on the situation.
· Limited local travel is anticipated as needed for trips to:
- Local CAP warehouse,
- hardware store,
- a training seminar,
- or similar.
· May involve driving the CAP truck.
Valid driver’s license required.