This position as a Staff Accountant is involved in the overall financial business, transactions and reporting and the multiple commercial real estate entities it manages. This position reports to the Controller. They will work closely with the property management team to help provide the best financial & property management for clients.
The duties listed below encompass the activities normally required for each entity to provide its partners with prudent handling of their business affairs.
Weekly or as often as needed during the week
- Assist in posting all dues receipts, rent receipts, and compare them with expected income for each, respective entity/property.
- Assist in following up to make sure all income due is collected. Report any problem accounts or delinquencies.
- Assist in completing all deposits on a timely and regular basis to maximize cash management and cash flows.
- Review and assist with entering any approved invoices into the software (Yardi)
- Assist in maintaining up-to-date information, rent rolls, budget comparisons, and other data for all properties that detail specific information regarding all current leases.
- Assist in reconciliations of all bank accounts. Report any deficiencies or overages and maintain current balances.
- Monitor revenues for each entity and review delinquency list with AR on or about the 10th of each month.
- Make efforts to collect revenues that are due from rents and other payments. Send letters of delinquency or default according to company policies & notify managers in charge.
- Assist in preparation of all outgoing checks or EFT payments to outside vendors for mailing by the invoice due date each month.
- Assist in reviewing and submitting building maintenance engineer invoices to each applicable entity/property, based off the prior month’s timesheets.
- Assist in completing monthly financial reports & updates for clients based off prior month’s activity, then submit to Controller for review.
- Prepare any required review of income and expense actual performance against projected performance. Bring any notable variations to the attention of the Controller.
- Review budgets and overall financial health of properties with corresponding property manager for each location.
- Assist in preparation of year-end tax reporting and/or accounting and assist with any audit or in preparing tax returns in a timely manner as soon after the close of each operating year as possible.
- Prepare review of actual income and expense performance against projected performance and identify any notable variations for each entity and the Corporation.
- Assist property management with the preparation of projected budgets for income and expenses, expected income or contracted income and update as necessary for each entity.
To learn more about our services visit www.bg-talent.com
Why Work Here?BG Talent, a Brand of BG Staffing, Inc. (NYSE American: BGSF), provides temporary staffing for Commercial Real Estate positions from Engineers to Administrators. To learn more about our services visit www.bg-talent.com
Your Future. Our Purpose.