Chief Engineer - Commercial Real Estate
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for directing and coordinating activities of workers and/or personally performing engineering and maintenance services on commercial real estate buildings, i.e. repair, maintenance, installation of machines, tools, and equipment, and in maintenance of buildings, grounds, and utility systems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assists Engineering Department and Property Managers.
· Supervises 1 to 5 Chief Engineers or Building Engineers in the Engineering Department, including interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Repairs, maintains, and installs machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous operations.
· Performs maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, steam, electric power, gas, or air required for operations.
· Communicate with the business unit and/or tenant occupancy, as may be required.
· Reviews and/or responds to work orders to determine work priorities. Schedules or performs repairs, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous operations.
· Oversees the operation and maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, steam, electric power, gas, or air required for operations, or performs tasks directly.
· Develops preventive maintenance program in conjunction with engineering and maintenance staff.
· Reviews production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
· Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
· Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
· Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies required for operations, and conduct periodic inventory of same.
· Directs training and indoctrination of workers to improve work performance and acquaint workers with company policies and procedures, including safety regulations (OSHA, etc.).
· Assists in preparation of department budget and monitors expenditure of funds in budget.
· Prepares reports on progress, materials used and costs.
· Some travel may be required.
The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
· Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Basic knowledge of computer.
· Valid driver’s license is required.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures or governmental regulations.
· Write reports and business correspondence.
· Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients.
· Basic knowledge of machinery, electrical, plumbing, and painting disciplines.
· Read and interpret blueprints, plans, and drawings and follow detailed written instructions and procedures outlined in the technical manuals.
· Proficient in the English language.
· Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
· Self-motivated, team-oriented, dependable, responsible, flexible and professional.
· Journeyman’s level license or acceptable equivalent skill level of all mechanical and control systems including the following: Plumbing, HVAC, and electrical.
· Refrigerant certification, required
· Licenses required by state or local municipalities may be required.
To learn more about our services visit www.bg-talent.com
BG TalentWhy Work Here?
Your Future. Our Purpose.
BG Talent, a Brand of BG Staffing, Inc. (NYSE American: BGSF), provides temporary staffing for Commercial Real Estate positions from Engineers to Administrators. To learn more about our services visit www.bg-talent.com