PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
This position is responsible for oversight, implementation and general execution of the engineering maintenance program for a portfolio of Commercial Medical Office Buildings. The Chief Engineer is responsible for the coordination, communication and management for a staff of 10 local Building Maintenance Engineers and other contracted resources to ensure the proper efficient operation and maintenance of all properties and facilities within a specific market.
The Chief Engineer role is responsible for providing the technical expertise and hands on maintenance and repair of such commercial building systems as: Utility distribution, BAS, EMS and HVAC systems, mechanical electrical and plumbing systems, fire life safety and other typical medical office building support systems.
Primary functions of the position are proper building maintenance staff coverage for properties under supervision to include… vacancies, vacations, absences, general work load and on call/after hour emergency coverage. Additional responsibilities include: Preventative maintenance systems use implementation and management, responding to tenant requests and resolving tenant complaints; troubleshooting and repair of building systems and components; work order management; oversight of required electronic training and documentation processes to include various tenant accreditations when required.
The position is required to provide technical support and assistance to the Property and Regional Construction Managers including; Management and coordination of contractors for tenant and capital improvements. Budgeting and forecasting of operational expenses related to building maintenance and staff operations. Training, management and support of Building Engineer staff.
This position requires daily communication with area Property Managers, and Building Engineers to assess service calls, contractor projects, prioritize and communicate work assignments as needed. The position Reports to the Regional Chief Engineer and supports the Construction Manager as it relates to building capital and tenant improvement projects.
The position requires independent physical work, the ability to effectively supervise and direct others, to include training and completion of Corporate initiatives related to employee and property improvements.
The Ability to climb and work from ladders, man hoists or lifts, and the ability to lift and carry heavy loads (up to 50lbs.).
- High school education or GED required.
- Technical education or degree related to building operation trade disciplines preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in the maintenance of commercial office building environments including troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of associated mechanical and electrical systems
- 5 Years of experience working on commercial building HVAC systems.
- Understanding and technical expertise relating to building automation and energy management systems.
- Ability to comprehend and use technology to aid in the management of duties; Computers, Mobile Smart Phone, Energy Management Systems and diagnostic equipment.
- Outstanding written/oral communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills required.
- Must be willing to assist at other properties within the portfolio from time to time as needed. Travel within portfolio area as required.
- 3-5 years’ experience supervising employees in a service-oriented position or environment
- Valid Driver’s License
To learn more about our services visit www.bg-talent.com