Building Technician II
· Responsible for building maintenance, preventative maintenance and repairs including but not limited to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, lighting and life safety systems.
· Maintain positive communications and exceptional follow-up with building tenants
· Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshoot and repair building systems including plumbing, mechanical, HVAC and electrical systems.
· Operate HVAC systems and make adjustments to building automation systems (BAS or EMS or ATC).
· Report and recommend modifications and repairs to Chief Building Technician on all building systems related issues.
· Monitor agreed upon responsibilities of subcontractors performing maintenance or repairs.
· Perform the duties of a Building Technician II as required.
· Assist with set-up and take down of special events.
· Maintain all tools, parts and supplies in an organized manner.
· Inform the Chief Engineer of any needs for replacement, restocking or repair of items.
· Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
· Ability to routinely perform on call and off hour duty including evenings, weekends and holidays and to be available and respond accordingly during these periods when so assigned.
· Proficient knowledge and troubleshooting capability of all types of commercial building systems.
· Must be able to read trade related electrical, mechanical and plumbing drawings and internal wiring schematics.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle.
· Good verbal and written communication skills; strong organizational skills.
· Strong customer service focus and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with tenants, suppliers and other technicians.
· Knowledge of energy management systems and building VAV systems.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Additional vocational coursework in HVAC, electricity, plumbing or other relevant areas preferred
· Universal CFC certified required
· State certified journeyman’s license or equivalent
· Minimum of five years relevant work experience as a technician in once of more of the following areas: HVAC, plumbing, electrical, plumbing or mechanical
To learn more about our services visit www.bg-talent.com