Building Engineer- Commercial Real Estate
BG Talent Nashville, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Commercial Building Engineer is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all building equipment used to provide landlord services in a Class A Commercial Office environment to tenants. Including but not limited to: mechanical, electrical, plumbing equipment, controls and distribution panels used to provide heat, air conditioning, ventilation, electrical power service, etc.
- Knowledge of complete building operations
- Experience with building mechanical equipment
- Ensure all preventative and predictive maintenance is performed according to BFP standards including but not limited to: changing filters, lubricating equipment, inspecting and adjusting belts. Replacing pulleys, motors, bearings, shafts, and punching tubes on chillers, etc.
- Have thorough knowledge of all key valve locations and electrical distribution switches for all building systems
- Life safety for office towers, fire sprinklers, fire alarm and fire panels
- Maintain all applicable and required licenses and certificates
- Correct emergency conditions such as water or sewer leakage. Notify management of problems as appropriate.
- Initiate repairs with shift personnel when problems are discovered on routine inspections
- Ensure all personnel maintain a clean and safe environment in all mechanical and equipment rooms or locations. This maintenance includes surface cleaning, painting and other maintenance necessary to maintain professional operational standards.
- Follow all policies and procedures
- Participate in annual employee evaluations and outline goals/and action plan
- Two-plus years of onsite commercial maintenance management experience
- MEP: Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing experience preferred
- Air Conditioning and Chiller operations experience is necessary
- Boiler operations experience
- Able to demonstrate and perform job responsibilities and functions in a safe manner, displaying appropriate safety measures to protect yourself, other employees, tenants and building guests
- Demonstrate the appropriate technical knowledge to maintain and repair high-rise office building equipment including HVAC systems, electrical distribution and lighting systems, plumbing systems, etc.
- Follow the direction of Supervisor as needed and appropriate for duties as required.
- The job duties require the employee to be absent of any physical limitations which would impair effective performance or jeopardize the safety or ability to assist fellow employees, tenants or guests
- This position requires the ability, both physically and mentally to work in emergency situations
- This position requires lifting objects in awkward positions, climbing around or over piping, beams, and entering into or crawling in confined spaces, etc.
- This position requires the ability to assist other emergency personnel (firemen, paramedics, police, etc.) in emergency situations
- This position requires climbing many flights of stairs (up to 52) while carrying weighty objects such as materials, tools or tool bags, etc. in hot and humid conditions.
- This position requires frequent work on sewer lines, drain lines, condensate plans and use of a face mask or respirator could be required.
To learn more about our services visit www.bg-talent.com
BG TalentWhy Work Here?
Your Future. Our Purpose.
BG Talent, a Brand of BG Staffing, Inc. (NYSE American: BGSF), provides temporary staffing for Commercial Real Estate positions from Engineers to Administrators. To learn more about our services visit www.bg-talent.com