Web Infrastructure Engineer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Web Infrastructure Engineer to join our team.
A Web Infrastructure Engineer is needed to work with a team responsible for delivery and administration of WebMethods infrastructure in support of business initiatives. Specific activities and associated deliverables include: support WebMethods certification and support existing Dev, Test and Prod environments; assist in project releases; configure and install WebMethods and other middleware; automate administration tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create/configure new WebMethods and other middleware instances required by the project teams.
- Create automation for routine support activities like installation, enable/disable adaptors using scripts, BladeLogic or WebMethods.
- Assist development teams as WebMethods SME.
- Perform troubleshooting and/or configuration changes to resolve middleware issues.
- Work with WebMethods vendor to identify product related issues and patches as needed.
- Work with internal vulnerability management team on identification and remediation of security issues.
- Write documentation for other administrators.
- Participate in meetings with technical staff to discuss issues in plans and strategies.
- Perform basic middleware admin support for other technologies supported by the team: WebLogic, apache, tomcat, and others as needed.
- Ensure Freddie Mac’ s WebMethods installations meet all security guidelines and control requirements; update configurations as needs to meet security standards and controls
- Participate in on-call rotation, with additional weekend support as required by project releases
- Use of ServiceNow Incident Management.
- Min 5 years’ experience with WebMethods, UNIX, and shell scripting.
- 5-7 years’ experience with WebMethods as administrator, to include installation, configuration, troubleshooting.
- Experience automating routine WebMethods administrative tasks using shell scripting, ksh, or other tools.
- Ability to drive automation of middleware products, especially WebMethods, and other middleware.
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities and implement solutions.
- Strong Unix experience with UNIX shells scripting: Solaris, RedHat Linux.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing demands, prioritize work, and manage customer expectation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 35399 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.