We are PopCorners, a leading manufacturer of Better For You Snacks. We are experiencing tremendous growth and we are looking to fill various positions on all three shifts throughout the organization. The successful applicant will receive proper training with opportunity for advancement, maintain high levels of accuracy in their day-to-day operations and work well with others. If you’re a positive, energetic person who is looking for a career with fast growing organization, we invite you to apply today.
Quality Assurance Technician (Seasoning & Packaging Department): For 2nd Shift(2 p.m. to 10 p.m.) and 3rd Shift(10 p.m. to 6 a.m.)
The QA Technician will work closely with operations to ensure a safe wholesome finished product, which meets our high standards and customer expectations. This is accomplished by ensuring our processes conform to the standards within our Quality Management System.
General Description of Job Duties
- Weight checks in seasoning (raw chip weight, oil/seasoning add and final weight).
- Coordinates with Seasoning Supervisor to resolve issues (seasoning weight).
- Performs moisture checks on finished product.
- Record information in database.
- Verifies the ingredient additions for the seasoning batch.
- Verifies cleaning and sanitation in Seasoning.
- Verifies Grain Processing report.
- Sensory testing (raw chip appearance, flavor and texture).
- Keeps area and plant QA Lab clean.
- Weight checks of finished packaged product.
- Coordinates with Baggers/Bagger Supervisor to resolve issues (weight, code date and packaging).
- Metal Detector checks.
- Record information on worksheet.
- Sensory testing.
- Backup to Seasoning Tech.
- Seal checks using Pack-Vac Leaked Detector.
- Additional responsibilities as the company may require.
Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years of previous experience in Quality and Food Safety.
- Ability to use analytical equipment, perform basic math functions.
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
- Professional attitude, innovative.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have a flexible schedule which includes availability to work overtime.
- Standard work schedule includes weekends.
Able to stand and walk throughout the scheduled work shift.
Able to carry and move up to 35 lbs.