- Posted: 13 days ago
Founded in 1973, BFL Construction has a diverse portfolio of projects within the Institutional, Non-Profit, Commercial, Education, Health & Biomedical, Industrial, and Multi-Family space and is part of the JV Driver portfolio of companies. As a specialist in construction management, we provide complete oversight of each project from preconstruction to close-out and ongoing services through the warranty period. Urban Metro Builders Inc. (Company) is a division of BFL Construction and specializes in multi-family and single-family residential projects.
What we Offer
We are a rapidly growing company that provides opportunities to advance within, and we are looking for talent who wants to participate in this exciting growth stage. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and offer a competitive salary and a well-rounded benefits package, including 401k contributions. We fully support the growth of our team and have formal and informal training/development opportunities to help you succeed in your role and meet your aspirations. In addition, we conduct annual employee engagement surveys and take steps to continuously strengthen our employee experience.
We are looking for a Project Engineer that is motivated to grow and has construction management education or equivalent field experience within the Construction industry. As a General Contractor we provide professional construction management services to developers, investors, institutional bankers, and individual owners. Our approach is to Listen, Advise, and Deliver the intended construction projects to all our clients.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal & external stakeholders. We Listen to the needs of our customers including our owners and sub-contractors.
- Advise and Contribute insights to management by communicating the details that are learned during the performance of your job, thereby impacting all aspects of the project including profitability, schedule adherence and customer expectations. Your value is earned by your capability to communicate the knowledge you gather for each project to your manager.
- Deliver - Your value and growth within the company will be achieved from the contributions you make as you add value to our companies.
- Liaising with Project Administrators, Project Managers & Superintendents to ensure that delivery of key information is identified, analyzed prepared, expedited, and coordinated.
- Processing subcontracts and purchase orders, as well as Prime and Subcontract Payment Applications
- Performing routine site visits and attending site meetings, coordinating and/or documenting and distributing associated meeting minutes as required.
- Work with Superintendent to understand and monitor the project schedule and be able to develop the project schedules at the outset of projects.
- Understand prime contract and subcontract responsibilities and communicate to everyone what these expectations are adhered to.
- Resolve project disputes in a timely manner.
- Prepare and issue progress applications to owner according to established schedules.
- Process all change orders, including finalizing and assessing cost and schedule impact.
- Identify, review, and process submittals.
- Coordinate RFIs with project team and coordinate with Architects and Engineers for timely responses.
- Develop and maintain important construction tracking logs (i.e. RFI log, Submittal log, Plan log, etc.)
- Coordinate all facets of project close-out, including archiving of documents, maintenance and warranty manuals, deficiencies, and warranty work.
- Track and record a wide variety of information systematically logging all information and maintaining up to date information.
- Able to review plans and subcontractor scopes of work for estimating purposes.
- 3+ years of experience working in construction project management.
- Degree in Construction Management or relevant discipline and/or equivalent combined education and experience
- A comprehensive knowledge of building construction, and basic land development process.
- Knowledge to included but not limited to plan reviews, contract administration, document control, dynamic scheduling logic, scheduling software, Job cost software and methods, change order management, RFI’s, RFP’s, Submittals.
- Experience and knowledge of how to issue Project Bid Packages with project summaries, specification writing, general conditions, general requirements, plans and specs.
- Local knowledge of Sub-Contractors is beneficial,
- Estimating experience and Estimating software, and capability to review drawings, specifications, and have a solid understanding of construction methods.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and relationship building skills.
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, presentations), including the ability to successfully translate technical information to non-technical individuals.
- Proven leadership skills, including strong teambuilding capabilities.
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with a variety of people.
- Excellent computer skills including experience using MS Office, Project, Scheduling and Project Management software.
- Experience using MS Project & Procore is an asset.
- Proven integrity when dealing with Clients, Trades and Consultants.
With a career at BFL Construction, you will participate in a growing portfolio of diverse and exciting projects. Each day brings another opportunity to develop and broaden your skills and experience.
BFL Construction and its affiliates strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our team!
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?