- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 Hourly
Second Shift Forklift Operator 3pm-11pm $17.50/hr
The Forklift Driver contributes to the success by safely moving product through the distribution center to service all internal and external customers.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Efficiently and safely move, load, unload, store, and stack product using proper equipment in designated areas.
- Practices safe and secure material handling methods
- Perform all required procedures and documentation in a safe and efficient manner to maintain the highest quality finished product to our customers
- Accountable for meeting quality and productivity standards
- Routinely work in cross functional roles to assist in meeting daily productivity goals
- General housekeeping, maintenance and organization of work area
- Record time worked, accurately and according to policy
- Consistently follows all policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to safely operate various types of forklift equipment
- Ability to work at varying heights, up to 25 feet
- Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively with employees, customers, and vendors
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a fast-paced warehouse environment.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation
- Able to work overtime and weekends as business dictates
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move merchandise weighing up to 35 lbs; occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to grab, reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, and crouch in order to retrieve and/or replenish merchandise
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs in order to retrieve and/or move merchandise
- Ability to learn and operate general warehouse equipment (RF, Pallet Jack)
- Ability to perform duties in an environment that is not climate controlled and will be exposed to dust, odors and noise.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Prior distribution experience preferred
- Experience with warehouse management systems and hand-held device preferred
- 1-2 years standup forklift experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and problem-solving skills
- Basic math calculations for selecting, counting, and checking work
- Must be at least 18 years old
Core Competencies for Everyone:
- Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your customers.
- Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere.
- Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom & decisive action.
- Take Ownership: You are committed, responsible and provide solutions.
- Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations.
Transportation and Storage
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?