The Front Desk Supervisor supervises and coordinates activities of the front office clerks and assists the assistant general manager with training, scheduling, group maintenance, revenue management and office inventory by performing the following duties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Responsibilities include assisting the Assistant General Manager with interviewing; hiring, and training employees, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing guest complaints and resolving problems.
2. Assigns duties on behalf or per the instruction of the Assistant General Manager and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
3. Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
4. Follow-up on group arrivals per rooming lists.
5. Attend weekly groups meetings.
6. Work closely with sales department regarding group maintenance.
7. Reviews and responds to guest surveys and social and corporate review sites.
8. Performs check in and check out procedures, cashiering and other clerical duties to relieve front desk clerks during peak period. May be asked to work scheduled front desk shifts as needed.
9. Reviews and responds to guest surveys and social and corporate review sites.
1. Leadership Skills
2. Stress Management/Composure.
3. Teamwork Oriented.
4. Guest Focus.
6. Time Management.
Directly supervises up to 5 or more employees from the front desk. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
This job operates in a professional office environment, public and non-public spaces including guest rooms. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The work area may occasionally be noisy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Customer service background.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. College degree in hospitality, business administration or similar.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
This company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.50 to $14.00 /hour
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance