The Sanitation Supervisor will assure that the manufacturing facility remains in compliance with all regulatory agencies (FDA, USDA) from a sanitation stand point, as well as being responsible for maintaining all sanitation, HACCP,GMP and pest control programs. The sanitation will provide support to continuous improvement program activities on enhancing quality operations in the plant on matters that impact quality, hygiene, and product safety. The sanitation role will require collaboration skills with other department to maintain the highest level of sanitation and product safety readiness as well as adherence of the strictest standards on health, safety & hygiene.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILTIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited, to:
- Ensures compliance with food safety policies & procedures
- Ensures plant is in proper sanitary condition at all times, including Allergen Control & Pest Control
- Evaluates facility sanitary conditions visually and analytically, assesses risk based on food safety & public health principles & prioritizes corrective actions.
- Builds the team by developing hourly sanitation associates
- Ensures cleaning assignments are completed as required in areas of the Master Sanitation Plan.
- Works to assess and mitigate product safety risks associated with construction and major maintenance.
- Maintains and updates Master Sanitation Schedule for plants meeting GMP & BF guidelines.
- Directs sanitation crew to assist with cleaning after mechanical repairs
- Directs sanitation crew to assist with cleaning after operational failure
- Ensure availability of supplies & tools are ordered and available for completion of sanitation functions and plants-wide housekeeping up keep
- Ensure all safety requirements related to sanitation are met including proper chemical storage, MSDS, PPE’s and procedures.
- Follow established department SOP's, cGMP regulations, and batch record instructions.
- Complies with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
- Maintains a safe work environment and operates in a safe manner.
- Performs other tasks & duties as assigned or required.
Performs a variety of leadership duties and job tasks within assigned department and/or work area, ensuring that all applicable safety laws/regulations, as well as state/federal employment laws that pertain to position are followed in accordance with Company policies, procedures, standards, and work-rules.
- Supports Company policies, procedures, and work-rules and ensures that department employees comply with policies, standards, and work-rules.
- Assists with interviewing and selection process of new hires for department, ensuring that non-discriminatory laws and guidelines are followed.
- Provides coaching, guidance, and training to department employees; ensures that employee meets company standards and work expectations as required by job description.
- Reviews safety rules with new department employees, ensuring that Company safety policies and work rules, as well as machinery safety rules and guidelines are understood, before the worker is allowed to operate machinery independently; participates in injury/accident investigations, and completes necessary reports; conducts daily safety inspections of machinery and work area.
- Counsels and disciplines employees, as needed, to ensure compliance with Company policies, standards, and work rules.
- Sets a positive example of leadership to others within the department and throughout the organization; promotes a leadership style that encourages open communication, positive team-building efforts and employee morale.
- Completes 90-Day and annual employee performance evaluations for all department employees.
- Participates in employee suspension and termination meetings.
- Performs other supervisory and managerial duties as needed/requested by senior management.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, education, and/or abilities required for the job:
- Knowledge of cleaning solutions/chemicals and their proper applications.
- Ability to accurately determine dilution rates and proportions using basic math.
- Ability to effectively operate, determine correct application of and competently maintain/clean vacuum cleaners, floor scrubbers and other cleaning tools/equipment.
- Understand and apply basic microbiological principles.
- Knowledge of HACCP and Sanitation principles.
- Proficient skills in reading, writing, and speaking in English; bilingual (English/Spanish) skills a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills & techniques.
- Effective planning & organizing skills; ability to handle multiple task/duties.
- Proficient PC skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of general office skills and administrative procedures, including, but not limited to: typing (min. 45-50 wpm), filing, copying, faxing, editing, and development of memos, letters, reports, and correspondence.
- Ability to maintain a positive, professional, cooperative demeanor, conduct, and working relationship with peers, management, employees, and other individuals that interact with this position.
- Ability to comply, interpret and support Company policies, procedures, work rules, and protocols.
- Ability to adapt effectively to workplace changes and new job duties/responsibilities.
- Ability to represent the Company in a positive and professional manner at all times.
The appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are achievable through the following combination of education, work experience and training:
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED Certificate; and
- 3 or more years of work experience in a fast-paced work environment; or
- Any combination of experience, education, and training that provides the level of knowledge, skills, and experience needed to successful perform the job.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
The essential functions of this job require the employee to perform the following physical activities during the course of work:
- Communicates orally with management, employees, co-workers, vendors, suppliers, governmental compliance agencies, and the general public by telephone or in person, in one-on-one or group settings.
- Regularly uses a telephone, computer (e-mail) and fax for communication.
- Required to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time during the course of work shift.
- Routinely required to stoop, bend, kneel, lift, and reach, in the performance of job function.
- Requires the essential use of hands, speech, eyesight, and hearing.
- Requires agility to operate multiple telephone lines with the use of hands and head-set.
- Lifting limitations for this position: 25-30 lbs.
- Vision requirements include close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral and depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus as needed.
- Requires incumbent to sit and operate computer for extended periods of time during course of work day, and the ability to proficiently use the computer key-board for typing.
- Noise level for this work environment is typically low to moderate.
Note: The Company reserves the right to modify, update, change and/or make corrections to this job description, at the sole discretion of senior management, at any time during the employee’s employment term, at the sole discretion of management.