The Janitor is responsible for the general cleaning and upkeep of the inside and outside of the Best Formulations Facilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILTIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited, to:
- Complete janitorial tasks such as:
- Sweeping, dusting, wet mopping, scrubbing and spot cleaning of restroom surfaces.
- Wet mopping, stripping, waxing, sealing and buffing floors.
- Trash pickup and removal.
- Washing Walls and Windows.
- Vacuuming, spot cleaning and shampooing carpets.
- Dusting and cleaning light fixtures and blinds.
- Operating powered equipment typically used in custodial operations.
- Performing routine checks for cleanliness and servicing.
- Keeping janitor areas clean and orderly and all containers properly labeled.
- Complete duty roster as assigned on a daily / weekly / monthly basis including MSS responsibilities.
- Support multi-facility operations.
- Support Parts-Washroom activities as needed.
- Follows established department SOP's, cGMP regulations, and batch record instructions.
- Complies with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
- Maintains a safe work environment and operates in a safe manner.
- Perform other job duties related to the job, as assigned by management.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, education, and/or abilities required for the job:
- Proficient skills in reading, writing, and speaking in English; bilingual (English/Spanish) skills a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills & techniques.
- Basic math skills; proficiency with 10-key calculator.
- Effective planning & organizing skills; ability to handle multiple task/duties.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to maintain a positive, professional, cooperative demeanor, conduct, and working relationship with peers, management, employees, and other individuals that interact with this position.
- Ability to comply with Company policies, procedures, work rules, and protocols.
- Ability to adapt effectively to workplace changes and new job duties/responsibilities.
- Ability to represent the Company in a positive and professional manner at all times.
The appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are achievable through the following combination of education, work experience and training:
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED Certificate; and/or
- Any combination of experience, education, and training that provides the level of knowledge, skills, and experience needed to successful perform the job.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
The essential functions of this job require the employee to perform the following physical activities during the course of work:
- Communicates orally with management, employees, co-workers, vendors, suppliers, governmental compliance agencies, and the general public by telephone or in person, in one-on-one or group settings.
- Regularly uses a telephone for communication.
- Required to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time during the course of work shift.
- Routinely required to stoop, bend, kneel, lift, and reach, in the performance of job function.
- Requires the essential use of hands, speech, eyesight, and hearing.
- Lifting limitations for this position: 25-30 lbs.
- Vision requirements include close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral and depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus as needed.
- Noise level for this work environment is typically low to moderate.
Note: The Company reserves the right to modify, update, change and/or make corrections to this job description, at the sole discretion of senior management, at any time during the employee’s employment term, at the sole discretion of management.