If you are a Paralegal with 3+ years’ experience ready to join a firm that is poised to grow 150% in 2019, then look no further! We are seeking a Rockstar Paralegal to help grow our team.
What you should know about us before you apply. We are not your typical small law firm! Our founding and managing attorney is an entrepreneur who is passionate about helping professionals defend their occupational licenses when they are under attack by a regulatory agency. We are small enough that everyone is a critical part of the team, yet big enough to offer a competitive salary with the health and compensation benefits you desire. Our Firm is based in Austin and we serve clients throughout the great state of Texas.
Our ideal candidate must be able to make smart decisions, multi-task, handle a good amount of client case files, and possess stellar communication skills.
If the following describes you, then YOU may be the Rockstar we’re searching for:
· Bright, Quick-Learner
· Creative Problem-Solver
· Calm Under Pressure
· Active Listener with Excellent Communication Skills
· Warm, Empathetic and Caring
· High Energy
- Perform legal and factual research, as well as request and research records
- Identify relevant judicial decisions, statutes, legal articles, codes and other pertinent material
- Organize and analyze electronic and physical information
- Cross-check and validate information
- Prepare written reports
- Draft legal documents including briefs, pleadings, appeals, agreements, contracts and legal memoranda
- Assist with preparing legal arguments, applications, declarations and motions
- Prepare correspondence
- Check and edit legal forms and documents for accuracy
- Build and maintain databases and files
- Organize and track case files
- Review and monitor new and updated laws and regulations
- Help with trial preparation including witness lists, exhibits and trial binders
- Work directly with client, regulatory agencies and other associated third parties
- Keep our clients heavily informed about the progress of their case
Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years’ Paralegal experience required; Paralegal Certification is a huge plus
- Excellent researcher and writer
- Thorough working knowledge of legal principles and practices
- Thorough working knowledge of legal research techniques
- Thorough working knowledge of legal terminology
- Thorough working knowledge of legal communication principles and practices
- Proficient in case management systems and office systems/software required; Experience using Lexis-Nexis, Clio Manage, Clio Grow, One-Drive, MS Word, MS Outlook and MS Excel preferred.
Pay and Benefits:
Our Paralegal will enjoy a competitive salary based on skill and experience, plus bonus opportunities and a generous benefit package that includes 401k, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision, PTO, and reimbursement for mandatory CLE.
How to Apply:
If this exciting opportunity appeals to you, we look forward to reviewing your resume. Please follow these instructions. APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. When you apply for the Paralegal position at our Law Firm, in the first sentence of your cover letter, make sure you state the following: "I am your next Paralegal!" In that same cover letter that will accompany your resume, let us know, in about 1 to 2 paragraphs, what you think it takes to be an effective Paralegal. Please also explain what you are looking for in a job and why you think you would be a good fit at our law firm.