If you are a Professional Occupational Licensing Defense Attorney with 6+ years’ experience and you're ready to join a firm that is poised to grow 150% in 2020, then look no further! We are seeking a Rockstar Managing Attorney to help grow and lead our legal team.
What you should know about us before you apply. We are not your typical small law firm. We are a boutique law firm composed of attorneys and staff who are passionate about helping professionals defend their occupational licenses when they are under attack by a Texas state agency or board. We are small enough that everyone is a critical part of the team, yet big enough to offer a competitive salary with the health and compensation benefits you desire. Our firm is based in Austin but we serve clients throughout the state of Texas.
Our ideal candidate must be able to lead a team, make smart decisions, multi-task, handle a good amount of client case files, and possess stellar writing skills.
If the following describes you, then YOU may be the Rockstar we’re searching for:
· Strong Leader
· Ability to Inspire Others
· Creative Problem-Solver
· Calm Under Pressure
· Active Listener with Excellent Communication Skills
· Warm, Empathetic and Caring
· High Energy
- Oversee our legal team and work to assist our clients with protecting and defending occupational licenses when their licenses are under attack by a state agency, board, commission or bar
- Interview clients, gather facts, spot issues, and prepare them for defense
- Participate in evidentiary hearings at the State Office of Administrative Hearings (SOAH), assist with Informal Settlement Conferences (ISC) and participate in mediations
- Prepare pleas, pleadings, motions, written discovery (both request and responses) and participate in depositions in preparation for evidentiary hearings before the Administrative Law Judge at the SOAH
- Negotiate with Agency Staff Attorneys and/or Agency Investigators at the investigative phase
- Assist our clients with preparing written packets in response to licensing complaint letters
- Keep our clients heavily informed about the progress of their case
Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years’ experience managing or supervising a legal team.
- 6+ years’ experience practicing Professional/Occupational License Defense Law (Administrative Law), strongly preferred. Rockstar Candidates who have solid general, civil and/or commercial litigation experience may also be considered
- Must possess a current license to practice law in the State of Texas, with a record free from any discipline with any State Bar
- Proficient in case management systems and office systems/software required. Experience using Lexis-Nexis, Clio Manage, Clio Grow, One-Drive, MS Word, MS Outlook and MS Excel preferred
Pay and Benefits:
Our Managing Attorney will enjoy a competitive salary based on skill and experience, plus incentivized compensation, bonus opportunities and a generous benefits package that includes 401k, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision, PTO, relocation stipend, and reimbursement for annual mandatory CLE, Austin Bar dues, and Texas State Bar dues.