- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and implementing preventative maintenance into the daily operation for all buildings, equipment, and systems College-wide. This position will collaborate and with the diverse facility functions of the College and directly Supervise maintenance, custodial, and contractor staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implements and oversees the College’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) including creation of routines, resolving day-to-day issues, and coordinating Facilities projects
- Troubleshoots facility issues to provide robust, long-term, and cost-effective recommendations
- Leads and manages a diverse team of facilities professionals to transition facility operations to appropriate preventative maintenance routines and schedules for critical physical plant assets and equipment
- Responds to facility complaints, troubleshoots issues, and makes recommendations for short-term and long-term improvements and actions by leveraging data, reports, and documentation
- Maintains and repairs various industrial and commercial building systems and equipment at the College including, but not limited to:
- Boilers and chillers
- Ventilation systems and controls
- Lighting, power distribution, and generators
- Pumps and water distribution systems
- Fire alarms, signals, sprinklers, standpipes, and associated systems
- Supervises and directs various skilled and semi-skilled crafts including: electricians, plumbers, mechanics, general maintenance repairpersons, groundskeepers to deliver projects and resolve problems using a holistic view
- Analyzes and recommends facility equipment needs and projects. Inventories, orders, and manages supplies and equipment needed to support the day-to-day needs of the College
- Assists with engineering reviews of studies, contract specifications, drawings, and site visits
- Responds to emergencies on as needed, including off hours, holidays, and weekends
- Reviews and coordinates technical field supervision of contract and contractors to maximize College benefit
- Updates departments to stay current with technological changes in building and life safety system control packages
- Works within a unionized environment to communicate and deliver improvements. Ensures staff are working in line with contract provisions and assists with progressive discipline, as needed
- Works collaboratively and respectfully in a diverse and inclusive environment with College staff, students, contractors, and community members
- Performs additional tasks or duties as assigned by Managers and Directors.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Annual salary is $65,000-$80,000.
- NJ Educators Health Plan with free Vision and Dental. NJ State Pension plan.
- 15 vacation days, 15 sick days, 4 personal days, 2 floating holidays, all designated holidays and 5 non-designated holidays a year. 3 Partial Sick Days.
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities for staff and their family 6 months after hire.
- Associate’s degree in construction management, engineering, drafting, design, or related field, professional experience may be substituted for this requirement
- Must have at least one of the following licenses: electrical contractor, master HVACR, master plumber
- Must have or be willing to obtain a Universal Refrigerant Certificate, Blue Seal Pressure License, and Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification.
- At least three or more years of professional experience working with electrical equipment.
- At least three years of professional experience working with HVAC systems.
- At least three years of professional experience in work involving the installation, inspection, repair, and maintenance of plumbing and steam fitting fixtures, appliances, machinery, and plumbing systems
- At least five years related work experience in construction management, contract administration, or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of facility financial operations, maintenance, and management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google business suite experience preferred
- Experience with CMMS, time keeping, and financial software preferred
- Provides excellent customer service to students, faculty, and staff
- Demonstrated knowledge of Fire Protection and Life Safety (FPLS) systems, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC codes and regulations.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend, climb, kneel, etc. for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in unconditioned spaces and have adequate environmental tolerance, including the ability to work in variable and sometimes extreme weather conditions.
- Excellent organizational, time management, presentation, and organizational skills.
BERGEN COMM COLLEGE
Get fresh Mechanical Supervisor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.