Employment type: W2 Contract
BEPC ins. is looking for a Research Associate I to join their growing team of consultants in San Francisco. This is a temp position in the department of biochemical and cellular pharmacology in gRED.
The successful candidate will be participating in biologics drug discovery projects in the disease therapeutic areas of Immunogy, cancer immunolgy and neuroscience. More specifically, the individual will design/develop, perform and manage experiment on cell lines, primary human/mice cell cultures or tissues to support pipeline projects. He/She should be able to troubleshoot technical issues and recommend potential solutions. He/She will interpret data, present results and draw conclusions from experiments. In addition, the individual will be expected to incorporate automation into his/her workflow and harness novel technologies in assay development.
- Proven experience in the use of molecular and biochemical techniques to evaluate signaling networks (e.g. western blotting, immunoprecipitation, ELISA, qPCR, siRNA/shRNA, CRISPR).
- Experience with cell culture and techniques such as isolation and culturing of primary cells, FACS, and cell-based assays (reporter and cell death assays etc.). Prior experience working with myeloid cells is plus.
- Experience in using basis data analysis software (Excel, Graphpad Prism, Flowjo etc.)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Clear oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong collaborative skills and enjoy working in multi-disciplinary project team environment.
- Bachelor's Degree + 3 years experience
- Masters degree + 1-3 years of experience