BEPC is seeking a skilled Quality Technician II to join our fast-growing team of consultants in Clover, SC!
Contract W2 Period: 6+ months with possible opportunities for extensions based on performance and business needs
Pay Rate: $18/HR plus we offer Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance benefits!
· Associate Degree with 3 years of Quality Lab experience.
· Prior working experience on Gas chromatography a plus.
· Must be proficient in the use of personal computers with spreadsheet and word software and PC skills such as physical testing software programs. Intermediate math skills (multiplication, division, percentages, ratios).
· Understanding on Gage Calibration and Auditing experience is helpful.
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills a plus; continuous improvement mindset.
· Hard-toed shoes
· Safety glasses
· Bump cap
· Chemical resistance gloves
Responsibilities of Position:
· The incumbent will be accountable for daily in process testing at the Clover plant.
· Conducting viscosity and solids tests and report.
· Accountable for various physical property testing; Tensile, Tear, Puncture, Aging, Hardness, Water Vapor Permeation test etc. of gloves produced at the Clover plant.
· These tests include both in house as well as customer specific tests.
· Testing must be performed in accordance with plant procedures as well as ASTM/EN requirements, where applicable.
· Accountable for distillation checks on incoming solvent and in-house distilled solvent using GC (Gas chromatography)
· Perform audit of outgoing quality of products shipped and maintaining accurate records of the findings and reporting, as needed.
· Perform pH level verification on porcelain cleaning tanks.
· Assist in writing and revising Standard work.
· Assist in performing ISO 9001 internal audit and 5s Audit, as needed.
· Assist QC department to help cover during vacations, absences etc., as needed.
· Commitment to plant 5S and continual improvement initiatives.
· Back up other quality personnel, as needed.
· This position exists to perform chemical and physical testing of gloves that are produced at the Clover plant.
· This testing includes routine in house process tests as well as customer specific glove testing.
· The laboratory technician is responsible for performing the tests that ensure products are made to established specifications.
Responsible for performing test on incoming solvent and distilled solvent.
· The incumbent will assist with the verification of outgoing quality of products shipped and for maintaining accurate records of the findings.
· The incumbent is a vital person in the Clover plants overall quality program.
· Extremely close attention to detail and accuracy are requirements of this position.
· Any mistakes made could lead to severe process problems and financial loss.
· Once trained the laboratory technician works with minimal supervision.
Why Work Here?The BEST place to work!
Great Benefits and Opportunity for Growth