Employment type: W2 Contract
Duration: 9 months
Pay: 20/HR, + we offer health/dental/vision/ life insurance
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Position primarily involves performing and supporting chemical processing under GMP conditions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Provide support to Managers, Supervisors, and other team members in a multi-shift manufacturing environment
· Understand material presented in specific safety, manufacturing, and other related training sessions
· Work in accordance with FDA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, DOT, and other regulatory agency guidelines
· Maintain accurate and concise GMP records
· Responsible for keeping inventory up to date during each shift
· May be asked to perform routine maintenance on certain manufacturing equipment
· Must work well in a team environment under the instruction of chemists and supervisors
· May be asked to lead projects, either in production or facility/equipment related
· Demonstrate a basic understanding of project-related tasks
· Demonstrate a basic understanding of plant, lab, and facility-related capabilities
· Maintain cleanliness of the manufacturing areas and related equipment during each shift
· Function as a secondary operator in manufacturing, as a primary operator for select projects
· Assist maintenance group with operation, maintenance, and upkeep of facilities
· Ability to communicate well with manufacturing staff and other departments as needed.
· Become a role model employee through superb work habits and excellent occupational behavior
· Education: Associates degree in Chemistry or science related field, but may substitute education for qualified experience
· Experience: 3 - 5 years experience in chemical processing, GMP experience required
· Essential and Critical Skills: Effective oral and written communication skills.
· Mechanical aptitude. Basic mathematical skills.
· Ability to read and understand written protocols.
· Ability to operate forklift or hand pallet truck.
· Basic understanding of chemical reactions and hazards.
· Ability to operate hand tools, lab equipment, calculator and weighing and measuring devices. Basic understanding of ISO and GMP quality systems.
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to provide answers to process problems.
· Ability to train or mentor new employees or co-workers.
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS:
Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time and lift and carry weights up to 50 pounds unassisted.