This position is responsible for the production of high quality cardiovascular medical devices on a team within a manufacturing cell.
This position includes detailed assembly and operation of various equipment and machinery per documented procedures.
- This may include electronic assembly, casting/coating functions, mechanical assembly, and packaging.
- Cleans tools and equipment per documented procedures.
- Disposes hazardous waste material on corresponding hazardous waste areas.
- Duties; Assembles medical devices and related components.
- Depending on the work area, it may be a controlled cleanroom environment.
- May include the use of microscopes, the use of hand tools, razor blades, syringes, soldering, adhesive bonding, and operating various equipment.
- Performs routine assignments according to specified and/or standardized procedures.
- Work is closely and continually reviewed.
- Performs visual inspection and precision measurements on components and assemblies.
- Performs tests on units using computerized test equipment.
- Repairs and corrects devices/components using microscopes and applicable tools.
- Packages devices ensuring all parts are accurate and documentation is complete.
- Maintains accurate records to ensure travelers, shop floor paperwork, and quality documents are accurate, all parts are traceable and quality issues can be addressed to assure the quality of all products.
- Follows safety guidelines and utilize appropriate safety devices and equipment when performing all operations.
- Participates in continuous improvement/quality initiatives to enhance production processes to achieve quality and profitability metrics.
- Notifies the supervisor or lead of the need to replenish supplies/materials and of any production difficulties that cannot be readily corrected.
- Participates with the Manufacturing Supervisor/Manager in setting and monitoring individual goals and cell performance metrics that continuously seek to improve the quality of operations.
- Cooperates in keeping a clean, sanitary work environment throughout the building.
- Performs other related duties as directed or assigned.
- Requirements: Must be able to read, comprehend, and follow English written procedures at a 6th-grade level.
- Must have good basic math skills at a 6th-grade level. Must be able to speak, follow verbal instructions and communicate effectively in English.
- Possesses an understanding of and ability to utilize electronic data collection systems and computer software packages.
- Must have good dexterity to handle and maneuver small components and parts.
- Ability to prioritize work by determining the sequencing and timing of different jobs based on precedence and importance.
- Ability to make critical decisions and judgments with minimal supervision.
High school diploma required, 5+ years of experience.
Why Work Here?The BEST place to work!
Great Benefits and Opportunity for Growth