Engineer I/Technical Development Research Associate
This position in the Cell Culture department will focus on the development and characterization of cell culture processes for the production of recombinant proteins in CHO cells. Responsibilities will include designing and executing lab-scale experiments, coordinating experiments with the pilot plant, accurately analyzing and documenting data, and summarizing results in technical documents. This position will require laboratory bench work and effective internal and external departmental collaborations to achieve the desired results. Occasional weekend work may also be required.
- Experience in cell culture and aseptic technique is required.
- The candidate must have the ability to apply scientific and engineering principles to solve complex problems.
- Experience with CHO cell culture process development, statistics, and design of experiments is highly desirable.
- The candidate must be highly self-motivated, organized, and responsive to feedback, as well as demonstrate the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- The candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, a passion for accuracy, and an agile mindset.
- The candidate should have a BS or MS in chemical/biochemical engineering, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field with 3 or more years of relevant experience.