Any interest in Pharma, Chemicals or Life Science? APPLY TODAY!
BEPC is searching for a talented Chemist - Pharmaceutical Manufacturing regarding a 9-month contract position in St. Louis, MO with a reputable life science company.
· 6-12 months of training necessary to learn specifics of job adequately to work independently.
· BS or BA degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, chemical engineering or related life science.
· Independent lab research desired
· Laboratory and analytical skills
· Knowledge in chemistry or biochemistry, math and general science.
· Familiar with laboratory instruments and production equipment.
· Process techniques and unit operations.
· Analytical techniques and equipment.
· Safe chemical handling methods.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Manufacture or evaluate products according to established protocols, provide technical support to others and perform operations in support of the group and department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Safely perform operations to meet quality expectations.
o Ensure quality throughout the process.
o Assure you are adequately trained to perform tasks/assignments.
o Perform routine assays, processes and/or unit operations.
o Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines.
o Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal).
o Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor.
o Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines.
o Ensure all applicable log books have been filled out completely as required by current procedures.
o Interact with other departments as needed.
o Participate as needed in quality audits.
o Accurately perform procedure independently.