Water Mitigation Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
RESTORING MORE THAN PROPERTY
Flooding. Fires. Windstorms. Hundreds of thousands of clients rely on BELFOR Property Restoration each year to rebuild their lives, homes, and businesses. We're Restoring More Than Property.
With BELFOR specialists in every major metropolitan area in the USA ready to respond 24/7/365, we provide the fastest, highest quality service that's unmatched in the industry.
The right response team can mean the difference between recovery and total loss. In the midst of chaos, you need an experienced company with a proven track record and solid relationships with leading insurance providers.
BELFOR is looking for qualified candidates for the following position. BELFOR team members are a unique breed, committed to restoring not only property, but restoring lives for those affected by disasters, large or small.
BELFOR also offers a wide range of benefit options including, but not limited to, 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off.
- Supervise and self-perform Water Damage Basic and Intermediate tasks
- Perform all tasks related to managing large loss sites or specialized remediation requirements
- Create moisture maps using tools and knowledge provided
- Supervise multiple crews simultaneously on multiple projects
- Select appropriate disposal options and get release of liability for disposed items
- Working knowledge of IICRC S500 Water Damage Standard
- Working knowledge of IICRC S520 Mold Remediation Standard
- Carry current IICRC ASD designation
- Must demonstrate mastery of BELFOR Water Damage Book
- Must demonstrate proper use of appropriate meters and IR camera, understanding of affected vs unaffected building materials and contents.
- Demonstrate an understanding of air mover calculation, LGR dehumidification chart; electrical power spec and electrical circuits
- Demonstrate mastery in the use of HydroSensor, Thermal Hygrometer, NavPro Moisture Meter or equivalent and the recording of data Demonstrated experience and working understanding and proficiency of a building environment, thermodynamics, psychrometry, "Burping" a building, containment of HVAC supply and/or return air (CAT 3/Mold)
- Eligible to operate a motor vehicle per BELFOR's vehicle policy
- Possess sense of urgency, professional demeanor, positive attitude, and strong work ethic
- English language literacy and fluency
- Frequent lifting in excess of 50 lbs
- Occasional lifting from 41 lbs +, assisted (up to 50% of the time)
- Access and mobility in tight spaces
- Sustained periods of standing, sitting, walking, bending, and kneeling
- Ability to use mobile devices for collection of data and time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Specialist in Water Damage - Advanced is an expert in the drying and repair of residential buildings, large commercial, industrial and institutional buildings and their contents. They are local, regional and national resources of BELFOR. Competences include electronics and machinery management, books and documents, as well as specialized drying. Delimit and dimension large losses and specify the systems of drying by heat and desiccant as appropriate. They have practical knowledge of the electrical demand of the drying equipment and the determination of temporary energy needs. They are proficient in the use of plans and floor plans and are familiar with the integration of heating, cooling and ventilation (HVAC) systems to enhance the drying systems. In CAT situations, advanced specialists can lead multiple teams and take on significant production responsibility. This position is level 4, the highest in the progressive route of Water Damage.
- Direct the teams in the use of the right PPE for the job.
- Review the daily requirements of projects, document progress and notify managers of progress and challenges encountered.
- Provide appropriate field documentation, photographic records, charts and sketches for various TPA projects.
- Using the acquired skills, draw sketches, read plans and floor plans, develop humidity content records, complete pyrometric records and determine the drying objectives.
- Calculate the load (content) of humidity in a building, calculate the cubic meters of the affected parts of the building and request additional support in projects affected by large water losses.
- Determine the electrical consumption of the drying equipment, the connection and operation of a 220/110 converter and the requirements of a temporary power source.
- Perform daily inspections of vehicle safety and maintenance and keep these clean and in perfect conditions of use.
- Attention to details.
- The professional will be obliged to comply with the standards of BELFOR to safeguard the property of other people.
- Must have a deep knowledge of customer service, as well as the principles and practices of this.
- Ability to work with time constraints to meet specific deadlines.
- You will be periodically requested to travel and work at night and during weekends.
- You must inform in a timely and accurate manner about the time worked and the equipment and consumables used.
- Attend the operations sponsored by BELFOR and the security training courses that are necessary.
BELFOR Property RestorationWhy Work Here?
BELFOR team members are committed to restoring lives for those affected by disasters, large or small.
BELFOR Property Restoration is the North American leader in integrated disaster recovery and property restoration services. With more than 100 full-service offices in the U.S., we are geographically positioned to respond to almost any disaster – large or small - coast to coast. A proven track record of superior response and unmatched resources has made BELFOR the contractor of choice for damages caused by fire, water, wind or other catastrophes.
3248 N Freeway Industrial Loop #104Tucson, AZ