The Sr Data Architect provides architectural expertise for solutions that integrate the credit union’s data, leading the efforts around the features, strategy, configuration, toolset, maintenance, and operations required for data solutions. The role is accountable for developing the design standards and principals for the data space while driving roadmap and migration paths for existing data processing and storage solutions. [Additional Qualifications: Experience with data & application development programs such as Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Services (SSIS), Informatica, Talend, InfoSphere, etc required; Experience with ETL in an environment that utilizes data governance practices, data quality and master and reference data management required; Metadata Management, Data Cataloging using tools such as Collibra, Strong SQL, Data Analysis skills required; Strong knowledge of data modeling tools needed; Ability to drive domain wide data management standards, creation of a conceptual and logical view of enterprise data required; Strong understanding of developing roadmap in support of modern data analytics and architecture practices required; Working knowledge of IT compliance and risk management requirements (HIPAA, SOX, PCI, etc.); Recent experience working in modern data management environment using advanced analytics and Big Data methodologies highly desirable; Ability to use tools such as Alteryx, Tableau, Meridian etc. preferred
- Lead the design, development, and deployment of solutions for one of the following domain areas: Cloud, Application, Data, or Security.
- Establish and maintain domain-specific architecture vision, standards and constraints, collaborating across business units to architect solutions that drive business and membership value.
- Review existing architecture, identify design gaps, and recommend enhancements.
- Support leadership with resource planning activities by providing technical insight into upcoming and ongoing project deliverables.
- Represent the domain-specific team during broad strategic discussions, driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management, and risk mitigation.
- Collaborate with production support efforts to resolve near-term domain-specific architectural issues and to remove architectural design debt.
- Facilitate agile methodologies supporting domain-specific needs as needed, including developing and/or driving the creation of methods that will help the migration, refactoring, or replacement of existing systems with strategic domain solutions.
- Provide development specific financial and technological analysis to IT leadership across teams to break down barriers and foster an understanding of domain services and architecture standards. Ensure that solution can be maintained and extended in the long-term.
- Manage and interface with third party vendor and internal stakeholders to deliver comprehensive domain solutions. Review and recommend selection of third-party software platforms as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of latest new domain-specific technologies and integrate them into the architecture design where appropriate. Understand current and emerging threats specific to the domain, designing architecture to mitigate these threats where possible.
- Mentor engineers or other technology peers in best practices associated with domain design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or related field required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience designing and implementing solutions in the specific domain required, including experience managing delivery for multiple simultaneous sophisticated technology solutions.
- Knowledge of current technology service architectural hosting, security, and risk management concerns such as IAM, access control, monitoring, IaaS/PaaS/SaaS, and containers required.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft infrastructure and solution stacks operating in on-premises, cloud, and hybrid hosting environments required.
- Ability to communicate very technically challenging concepts to a broad audience required.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and negotiation skills required.]
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills required.
- Proficient verbal and written skills required to communicate and provide customer service effectively.
- Be available on an on-call basis to respond to pending issues or problems arising during non-business hours and provide support and response.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds, with bending and mobility to move large objects.
- Occasional travel required.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.