The Member Consultant II provides seamless delivery of member service from routine to complex issues by assisting in a branch environment. The role will be required to deliver a high-quality member experience while using their knowledge of multiple products and will identify, diagnose, and act on members’ consumer financial needs, including referrals to the appropriate line of business for specialized services. The MC II utilizes their thorough knowledge of credit union products, including business deposit products and small business loans, consumer loans and lines of credit and deposit products (such as IRA products), to provide excellent customer service to the member. The Member Consultant II is responsible for serving as a subject matter expert to members and Member Consultants, creating an outstanding member experience by resolving member service needs, and delivering expertise in specialized financial services.
- Perform all duties in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory, and Information Protection requirements.
- Deepen and retain member relationships utilizing all aspects of the Member Advantage program and other BECU programs that ensure the full sales experience cycle is achieved.
- Interview and enter business loan applications for business LOC, and Visa products and forward all completed loan applications to Business Services.
- Maintain and effectively leverage a thorough knowledge of all forms and documentation necessary for each consumer and business loan type.
- Provide notary and medallion signature guarantee services to BECU membership.
- Utilize thorough knowledge of products to provide excellent customer service, including the areas of business services, consumer lending, deposit servicing, IRA, POA, and Fiduciary accounts.
- Conduct thorough consumer loan interviews by completing applications and the necessary documentation (e.g., income verification), calculating and providing the correct financial stipulations to obtain a lending decision. Ensure consumer loan applications are complete and that all loan documents are signed with the members for full origination.
- Ensure all members receive prompt, efficient, courteous, and professional service and that member problems/complaints are resolved promptly and courteously, with follow-through to resolution. Serve as an escalation point on all service issues.
- Develop new member relationships through community involvement and existing member referrals by providing members with service excellence. Actively participate in all sales and service activities, goals, and responsibilities as requested.
- Maintain signing authority for BECU’s release of interest on title vehicles Guarantee signatures in accordance with the STAMP program for the sale or transfer of members’ stocks and securities.
- Sign all line and loan documents that originate through outbound/inbound call center, ensuring each member’s needs are fulfilled.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years post-High school education required or equivalent years of experience; 3 or more years post-High school education preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role at a Financial Institution, three years customer/member/client-facing experience in a retail environment may be accepted instead. A combination of the above experience totaling four years may also be accepted.
- Experience as a BECU Member Consultant preferred. Experience in business lending, mortgage lending, and consumer lending preferred.
- Successful completion of in-house training program after hire is required.
- Excellent problem resolutions, negotiating, organization, and peer coaching skills with the ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion.
- Proficient verbal and written skills required to communicate in the English language effectively.
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of Credit Union key objectives, product, and service solutions to communicate appropriate recommendations to uncover and address member needs.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations that pertain to all membership, deposit, and loan products and services offered, including all forms, interest rates, and necessary documentation.
- Thorough understanding of the sales process and manage a sales pipeline efficiently.
- Practical analytical skills with proficient math aptitude.
- Ability to work a shifting/flexible schedule; this requires evenings, nights, or weekends.
- Full-time hours required; additional hours as necessary.
- Comply with SAFE Act legislation, which requires annual registration as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO).
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
As one of the nation's leading credit unions, we're not driven by profit. We're owned by our members and their interests are at the core of everything we do. Now we're growing faster than ever before--but we'll never forget our roots. To continue doing right by our members, we believe we must first do right by our people. Here, you'll receive the resources and support you need to learn, grow and build a meaningful career. Because we know it's our people who make us special.