I. Account Manager (Becker electric)
A. Senior purpose
1. The purpose of this role is to maintain ongoing relationships with key customer accounts, manage service and special projects related to those accounts, identify and grow opportunities with existing accounts, and prospect and attain new customer accounts.
B. Manager and Manager Once Removed
1. The manager is the Service/special project Department Manager.
2. The manager once removed is the President.
C. Key Result Areas
1. KRA #1 - Demonstrate Company Values and Culture
(1) Demonstrate a commitment to building strong internal and external relationships
(2) Exhibit an orientation toward a performance based culture and results
(3) Act with professionalism in all endeavors
(4) Strive for continuous improvements in all aspects of your job
(5) Actively engage in your industry and community
(1) Annually solicit feedback from supervisors, peers and subordinates regarding their perceptions that the employee is living up to the company values and cultural norms and that the content and character of the individual is a good representation of the company
2. KRA #2 – Business Development/Relationship Management
(1) Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to key account customers
(2) Establish strong relationships with key customer personnel, becoming their trusted advisor.
(3) Become familiar with all company offerings and cross sell to existing customers.
(4 Identify large project opportunities and work with large project manager/estimator to secure work. Ensure smooth customer transition to project team for project execution. Act as customer liaison as needed during project execution.
(5) Acquire new customer through business development efforts including cold calls, industry and community event participation, and large job service turnover.
(1) Track all business development efforts through company furnished software.
(2) Meet with service and special projects department manager monthly to review business development and key account management activities.
2. KRA#2 - Profit Contribution
(1) Prepare annual budget with goal sales and margins by key account
(2) Annually review and adjust labor rates to account for cost increases and maintain desired margin
(3) Provide accurate estimates and proposals
(4) Manage positive cash flow
(5) Deliver ROI that meets or exceeds budget
(6) Monitor and take corrective action where necessary to ensure high levels of productivity
(1) Monthly review of billings, profitability and cash position
(2) Monthly review of job status reports to ensure project and business group profitability
3. KRA#3 - Risk Management
(1) Review new customer agreements
(2) Execute work safely
(1) Demonstrated knowledge of the contract terms and conditions
(2) Monthly safety statistics review
2. KRA#4 - Industry and Community Leadership
(1) Participate in association training, social and networking events
(2) Active community involvement in the form of volunteering, board seats, etc.
(1) Minimum of quarterly participation in association events
(2) Minimum of annual volunteer activity or regular participation on a board focused on community enhancement
3. KRA#5 - Process Compliance
(1) Demonstrate consistent application and high quality outcomes of service delivery processes
(a) Manpower coordination with dispatch
(b) Material Procurement
(c) Work Order completion
(e) Ensure timely collections
(1) Acquiring permits and licenses for all projects ensuring inspections are handled correctly and timely
(1) Visibility through the monthly process compliance metrics
(2) Review bi-monthly accounts receivable aging report and follow formalized escalation process
(3) Monthly review of the unbilled jobs report
(4) Bi-Monthly review of the Accounts Receivable aging report
2. KRA#6 – Field Coordination
(1) Determine staffing required and coordinate with dispatch to ensure work orders are appropriately manned.
(2) Develop schedule and sequence of work activities. Work with lead technician to develop short interval plans for day to day activities.
(3) Work with customer personnel, design professionals and other trades to discuss and resolve any problems. Maintain all necessary documentation including correspondence, RFIs, and change orders.
(1) Timely submission of RFI’s when conflicts arise between plans and specifications or if incomplete or missing information is present
(2) Timely resolution of construction issues and conflicts as well as consistent documentation
(3) Weekly review and approval of short interval plans submitted by field staff