- Expired: October 06, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
As an extension of the Office of the President, the purpose of the Executive Assistant position is to make the President a more effective and efficient leader by creating capacity for her to focus on the most important tasks. As an Executive Assistant, you will be exposed to a variety of tasks that you will be, directly and indirectly, responsible for achieving. You will work internally and externally with clients, partners, stakeholders, and students to accomplish current and new objectives.
SUMMARY: Provide administrative and clerical functions for the President/CEO. Assist CEO in management of the Board of Directors and serves as a liaison / contact for the Board.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides support for executive leadership team activities including any committee or organizational responsibilities related to BHPI work.
- Schedules appointments and produces correspondence for CEO and other Board members upon request; manages the calendar of the CEO, including schedules all meetings and other appointments. Ensures smooth and timely transitions between meetings during the day.
- Set up donor meetings at direction of CEO and Development team.
- Set up, prepare and attend Leadership team meetings at the direction of CEO
- Maintains the documentation of the CEO's and BHPI licensing requirements.
- Maintain and update frequently used documents and spreadsheets (in shared drives).
- Makes all travel arrangements for the CEO, Board and Leadership Team (when needed), including flights, hotels, conference registrations, and manages all room assignments for c-suite meetings.
- Screen request for speaking engagements; respond to public requests for information regarding BHPI at direction of CEO.
- Provides accounting support, purchase orders, reimbursement requests, expense reports, and credit card reconciliation for CEO.
- Supports the Board of Directors by arranging all meetings, taking and transcribing board minutes, maintaining attendance logs, preparing monthly board packets, compiling notebooks, and other activities as needed.
- Organize relevant reports, CEO files and filings, strategic plan portfolio, documents and materials required for board and task forces - maintains up to date information on the Board portal (sharepoint).
- As requested, maintain/confirm reservation lists for agency events, and tables purchased for third party events.
- Provides support to Development department with any tasks assigned.
- Position is exposed to sensitive, often confidential information - employee must maintain a strict level of confidentiality at all times.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to drive during daytime and nighttime hours.
- Aid with time and calendar management for Company President (Primary)
- Inform the Company President about meetings for the day or week
- Serve as Point of Contact when a party or department needs to schedule a meeting with the Company President
- Supports the B.o.D by arranging all meetings, taking and transcribing board minutes, maintaining attendance logs, preparing monthly board packets, compiling notebooks, and other activities as needed.
- Supports Leadership Team meetings by arranging all meetings, taking and transcribing minutes, helping track Leadership Team goals and objectives, compiling meeting notes, and other activities as needed.
- Assist with protecting the Company President's time & informing when to transition from meeting to meeting
- Ensure all correspondence coming from President's office is completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Collaborate and communicate with Leadership Team and other team members within BHPI to achieve BHPI objectives
- Maintain a strict level of security and confidentiality
- Check Mail on a daily basis.
- Order lunch as needed
- Aid with organizing items delivered to Executive office (257)
- Office Receptionist (Assist when needed) - Secondary
- Answer any calls that are not directed to a specific department
- Opening & closing the office in the morning and or evening
- Walk-in inquiries
- In the process, receiving orders and delivering them to respective departments
- Organizing internal office supplies
- Input of Room Reservations in absence of Office Coordinator
- Assist the Programs department with delivering curriculum to walk-in private clients in the absence of Operations Coordinator.
- Assist Operations Coordinator in managing and updating seasonal decorations in the office.
- Assist the Operations Coordinator in separating and organizing campus supply deliveries accordingly in Room 136
- Provide support for all BHPI events - including but not limited to: staff meetings, special events, board events, etc.
In accordance with the team philosophy of BHPI, you will routinely be required to carry out or assist with other tasks in addition to the duties listed above.
Must act in accordance with the BHPI mission statement and goals.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to type quicklyTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
College Degree preferred. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required with five years clerical/administrative experience and/or training. Prior experience working with a nonprofit Board of Directors preferred. Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office and Excel required with additional software usage preferred. Donor database software, Asana (or project management system) knowledge a plus.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and speak effectively to all customers. Excellent verbal and written communication skills is required. Bilingual is a plus.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Must be able to work independently and/or with direct supervision.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequent prolonged sitting, regular and predictable attendance occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds. Must be able to drive during daytime and nighttime hours and possess a valid Texas driver's license.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR LICENSES:
Must possess a valid Texas driver's license and proof of current auto liability insurance. Must be able to drive during day and night hours and have reliable transportation.
Reports to: President/CEO
Days: 4-5 per week
Hours: 20-35 per week
Pay Rate: $18 - $22 per hour
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BEACON HILL PREPARATORY INSTITUTE
Get fresh Executive Support jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.