- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
Are you self-motivated with a drive to succeed? Do you enjoy people but function well independently? Are you someone who thrives when multi-tasking while pursuing excellence? Do you have a natural sense of urgency but care about the details? Can you think outside the box and solve problems with sensible solutions? Do you enjoy a balance between work “in the field” and in the office? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to plant, develop a new service line with a thriving company, and grow the rest of you career?
If the answer to any or all of these is yes than you can STOP LOOKING because BE-CI is the COMPANY YOU'VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR! BE-CI is a thriving, culturally healthy, and growing company, currently seeking a Structural Engineer, to join our team, serving our California markets. If this is you, we can’t wait to talk with you!
STEPS FOR APPLYING
1 - Complete the application through the online portal and submit your resume.
2 - Complete the Culture Index Survey via the link you receive in our response email.
The Structural Engineer is an exempt salary position for employees that have progressed or come to BE-CI with a minimum of 5-years’ experience and necessary Certifications/Registrations that allow the employee to offer structural engineering services in the state of California. This position also requires the Structural Engineer to be the qualifying engineer that allows BECI to do the same under the Structural Engineer’s responsible charge and supervision. The Primary responsibility of the position involves preparation and review of construction design documents related to the Building Enclosure and Structural Components; along with observations to ensure that work performed is in accordance with the design, standards, and project documents related to the Building Enclosure and Structural Components. The position may also involve, from time to time, overseeing others to perform similar services and other consulting services related to the Building Enclosure, such as performing field investigative work, product and construction document reviews and analysis, construction testing, data analysis, forensic analysis and report writing. The position may also include, from time to time, leading condition survey teams, managing ongoing construction projects, and providing oversight and assistance to juniors.
- Perform structural analysis of existing buildings.
- Perform structural calculations to determine adequacy of existing structures.
- Evaluate the condition of existing buildings and recommend any necessary structural repairs.
- Reviewing and analyzing construction documents produced by others.
- Preparation of construction design documents.
- Design structural elements of buildings.
- Maintain required billable hours as directed by your immediate supervisor
- Lead the personnel under your supervision in an effective manner to further the mission of the company.
- Assist your supervisor and be readily available with mentoring and training newly hired production employees.
- Actively pursue and participate in continuing education opportunities to further your knowledge of the industry.
- Maintain your personal production calendar to effectively manage and staff all required projects.
- Act as a primary client contact on various projects as directed by your immediate supervisor.
- Other duties may include, from time to time:
- Manage ongoing construction projects in accordance with BE-CI policies and procedures.
- Attend periodic planning meetings to discuss with the client their needs from the firm and our ongoing involvement. During these meetings note any issues or resolutions and schedule future site visits.
- Conducting field investigations and completing the field investigation reports.
- Assist with the development and analysis of electronic data related to the business of the Company.
- Perform field testing in accordance with referenced industry standards.
- Monitor and oversee the information technologies, technological equipment of the Company.
- Education (required): Bachelors Degree from an Accredited 4-year University (Engineering).
- Certification (required): Registered Structural Engineer in California
- Certification (preferred): Achieved from recognized construction and building envelope related organizations such as: IIBEC, Inc., CSI, ACI, ASCE or Registered Architect and AIA Certificate shall be maintained throughout your employment.
- Experience (required): minimum of five (5) years of work experience in the Building Enclosure industry, equivalent construction experience or certification.
- State Reporting: The law requires all licensees who offer engineering services through a business entity to file an Organization Record (OR) form with the Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists; California Department of Consumer Affairs. It is your responsibility as a licensee to make sure current information is on file with the Board.
- Personal Requirements:
- Dedicated, reliable, loyal, and honest
- Self-motivated, yet team player
- Process and data driven
- Goal oriented and willing to assist with setting, meeting, and exceeding goals.
- Problem solver
- Highly efficient, customer-oriented
- Maintain confidentiality
- Adhere to the Company’s 4 Core Values: People/Knowledge/Servant/Balance
- This position is salary-based with the potential for quarterly performance-based bonuses.
- The salary is competitive and generally exceeds the national average.
- Starting at $100,000.00 annual base salary and negotiable Depending on Experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, as well as, an HRA card for medical, dental, and vision expenses
- 401K plan with matching opportunity
- Paid holidays, as well as, Paid personal time off (PTO starting at 117 hours pro-rated per annual)
- Relocation reimbursements
- Vehicle allowance or travel reimbursement
- Continuing education reimbursement
DO NOT FORGET THE SURVEY:
To be considered for this position, along with submitting your resume, please complete the Culture Index survey by either clicking or copying this link (https://www.cultureindex.com/c/f43thop5EA) and pasting it in a web browser. The survey should take you no more than 10 minutes to complete.
BE-CI is a licensed professional building enclosure and engineering firm that specializes in consulting for the entire building enclosure. We strive for Sensibility in everything that we do. To us this means providing the most appropriate solution to our client's needs and not necessarily the most conservative. To accomplish this we lead, mentor, and train all of our employees in detailed internal processes and procedures that ensure technical accuracy and consistency from office-to-office and project-to-project.
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.