Are you ready to unlock the door to an incredible career? Are you excited to blend your skills and experience with our cutting-edge technology? We are seeking energetic, driven individuals to proudly represent BDSmktg and our client’s brand products at retail. Our Wireless Territory Agents are a key part of the brand and sales team!
The primary role of the Wireless Territory Agent - Market Development Manager will be to act as an extension of the brand and sales team. This individual will personify the brand’s mission statement/motto, possess key brand personality traits and excitement that will resonate with Retail Sales Associates. Wireless Territory Agents are passionate and excited by technology and how it benefits people’s lives. They will also be a natural narrator, able to explain how specs and technology translate to simple consumer benefits.
- Build brand loyalty and credibility with retail sales associates ~ Be the Brand Champion
- Brand advocacy to increase retail sales associates’ rate of recommendation
- Engage retail sales associates and create excitement
- Conduct in–store retail associate trainings, associate and consumer demonstrations and attend events
- Provide high-level product sales training on features, competitive advantages and functions
- Report intelligence in regards to the program and marketing environment strategically for each tactic
- As voice and ears, excellent communication and immediate escalation is a must
- Travel within market and approved out-of-scope assignments as needed
- Merchandising services to deliver POS, collateral and products to carrier locations along with compliance verification and competitive details
- Mystery shop to obtain retail/carrier associate and manage phone recommendations, product knowledge assessment, comments and concerns as well as consumer relations and in-store observations of the brand and the competition
- Establish and build retailer relationships on behalf of the client
- Engage customers during high traffic times at select demo day events to drive sales of brand products
- Expectations – not limited to
- Facilitate informal, formal and large scale trainings to retail associates and managers
- Attend and assist with out-of-market trainings, events, etc
- Gather in-market and out-of-market intelligence ~ assigned brand and competitive
- Ensure merchandising compliance and increased presence in-store
- Monitor POP / POS to ensure it is current and placed according to planogram
- Key Metrics:
- Increase sales associate knowledge and recommendation rate of brand products
- Increase product sales of selected products
- Increase and facilitate in-store sales in key market locations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school degree/college preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 years of Retail, Marketing or Agency experience ~ field representative experience helpful, but not mandatory
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in the area of training and communications
- Previous wireless background
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Must be proficient in MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point applications
- Ability to travel with in assigned territory
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Regularly sit, stand, walk, bend over, grasp, talk and/or hear, and drive
- Occasionally carrying and lifting office supplies up to 10 lbs.
- Occasionally travel via flight or other modes of transportation
- Continuous hand/eye coordination and fine manipulation
BDS Marketing, LLC. (“BDS”) is an equal opportunity employer in every aspect of employment, including but not limited to; selection, training, development and promotion of the most qualified candidates and employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. BDS is committed to equal employment opportunity in all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment that may not be covered in this statement. BDS is an at-will employer.
BDSmktg is an award-winning retail marketing and sales agency. With 35 years of experience guiding customers through the buying journey, they are experts at influencing purchase decisions for the world’s top brands. BDS offers fully integrated solutions that drive brand demand and sell-through: Research, Advocacy, Digital, Experiential, Readiness, and Environments. Founded in 1984, BDS is headquartered in Irvine, California with regional offices in New York City, New York; Chicago, Illinois; and Columbus, Ohio. BDS Marketing, LLC. is a division of BDS Solutions Group, LLC. For more information, visit http://www.bdsmktg.com.